New App question

Bruce N

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Just got the new App what happened to my custom cooks?? And thought you could bring up to 500 degrees. Both the App and the traeger read out on the grill only go to 450

As of last night mine still allowed me to go to 500 degrees. I'll be cooking on it again tonight so will update if it is any different.

Just got the new App what happened to my custom cooks?? And thought you could bring up to 500 degrees. Both the App and the traeger read out on the grill only go to 450

You need to get your Traeger firmware to upgrade to v2.01.00 for the Pro to get to 500F. What firmware version does your have?

It looks like the custom cooks are gone. You can still load recipes.

Thanks MikeyR. I really dug the custom cook. Mine is still on v2.00.01 I am waiting for it to update. I heard it can take up to 24hrs to do.

Thanks MikeyR. I really dug the custom cook. Mine is still on v2.00.01 I am waiting for it to update. I heard it can take up to 24hrs to do.
Ya, some have been waiting several days...

I couldn't find it either and I’m glad it’s a firmware update issue. Keeping my fingers crossed for the firmware to update properly. My grill is keeping me going during the stay home order.

All was good in the world last night, and ran some venison steaks @ 500 on my Pro575.

Do you have to leave it on a certain screw to get it to update?

The May Update release went "live" around May 19th ... it may have been paused in the past 24-48 hours due to numerous issues with WiFIRE Controllers unexpectedly powering off ... the current Firmware for all WiFIRE Controllers is 2.01.02 ... the Config Version is grill specific, and is where features are added/updated, thus it is responsible for being able to go up to 500 degrees ... once the latest Firmware is installed, it generally takes 12-24 Hours for the Config Version to update (it is a 2-step process) ... if your grill has been on consecutively for 24-48 hours since May 19th-20th, then you should have received both updates by now ...

The May Update release went "live" around May 19th ... it may have been paused in the past 24-48 hours due to numerous issues with WiFIRE Controllers unexpectedly powering off ... the current Firmware for all WiFIRE Controllers is 2.01.02 ... the Config Version is grill specific, and is where features are added/updated, thus it is responsible for being able to go up to 500 degrees ... once the latest Firmware is installed, it generally takes 12-24 Hours for the Config Version to update (it is a 2-step process) ... if your grill has been on consecutively for 24-48 hours since May 19th-20th, then you should have received both updates by now ...
On by meaning plugged into and screen off or turn the screen to WiFi settings so screeen stays on?

On by meaning plugged into and screen off or turn the screen to WiFi settings so screeen stays on?

On meaning plugged in, turned on, and tap on Menu button to wake it up ... others have reported that the update(s) did not start downloading until they selected a Temp and held in IGNITE and started a cooking session ... not sure there is a clear answer here as my PRO 780 got both updates while "sleeping" ...

On my Pro575 I have Ver 2.01.02 and config 4.012.
I can only set 450 as max. Has the 500F been dropped with the latest software?
I have deleted the App, forget the network, started from scratch and renamed the Traeger.
What have I done wrong?

I have deleted the App, forget the network, started from scratch and renamed the Traeger.
What have I done wrong?
Nothing. It’s the software mine doesn’t goto 500 either and won’t update.

What have I done wrong?

You need Config Version 04.016 to support 500 degrees ... if the Traeger Cloud back-end is not PUSHing down the update soon after the WiFIRE Controller is powered on, then try leaving it on for 24-48 Hours ... if you still have not received the Config Version update after 48 Hours of the WiFIRE Controller being powered on continuously, then that may indicate that Traeger has "paused" updates due to a subset of WiFIRE Controllers unexpectedly shutting down after installing the May Updates ... this starting on/around 05/19 ... indications are that they paused the PUSH of updates on/around 05/27, but there has not been anything confirming this via the WiFIRE Status Page (https://www.traegergrills.com/status) ...

Back