NEW APP Missing Custom Recipe's

AKreuzer

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
All,

I may be an idiot so feel free to show me how/where this is in the new app.

One of the reasons I bought the Traeger was because I could program it for temp changes based on probe temp, time, etc.....Did they get rid of it in the new app? I cant find any of my old sequences and under recipes I cant find how to create a new recipe of my own for the grill to follow.

Is it because my grill was already running before I opened the app?

I will be 18 kinds of pissed if they got rid of this capability.

All,

I may be an idiot so feel free to show me how/where this is in the new app.

One of the reasons I bought the Traeger was because I could program it for temp changes based on probe temp, time, etc.....Did they get rid of it in the new app? I cant find any of my old sequences and under recipes I cant find how to create a new recipe of my own for the grill to follow.

Is it because my grill was already running before I opened the app?

I will be 18 kinds of pissed if they got rid of this capability.
It appears to be gone with the new App, has been asked a few times.

It appears to be gone with the new App, has been asked a few times.
:( Apologies....I had looked for a few minutes and didnt see anything...do you know if anyone from Traeger follows this forum?

For anyone that finds this.

I reached out to Traeger Support and spoke with a guy who did not know the custom cylce feature was missing. He proceeded to let me know that I could still create a custom cycle on the grill itself "I havnt done it from the grill itself but Ill try it". Anyways long story short I had asked him to reach out to whomever could add the feature back in and let them know it was greatly missed....hopefully another, better, update will be coming soon.

Same here. I upgraded to a new Pro 780 2 weeks ago, when I got the grill I had custom cooks on the app. And build 2 or 3 of my own. They updated the app just a couple of days later, and they were gone. The new app also has a firmware update the is supposed to let you get up to 500 on the pros, and that is still not working 2 weeks later. When I contacted Traeger about the custom cooks, and the firmware, the agent I spoke to told me that they were just given info on the new app that morning, and really do not know what to do for me. He had some ideas that I tried like just leaving the grill powered on for a couple of hours in the stand by mode and that might work, or sometimes after powering down it might take 24hrs. to update, well here we are 2 weeks later, no custom cooks, and no new firmware update to 2.01.00

Funny just download the new app on its own today and my custom cooks are gone. ? Logged on and found this thread. Custom cooks are in the display but no longer on the app. Hope this gets fixed soon. No more set it and forget it ease of use. Major oversite on this update.

I appreciate the information. This thread made go check out the App in the app-store on my way to Ace Hardware to purchase my Ironwood 650 with my wife. We turned around in the parking lot and came home. No sense in purchasing a wi-fi grill/smoker that has these kinds of software issues. :(

I appreciate the information. This thread made go check out the App in the app-store on my way to Ace Hardware to purchase my Ironwood 650 with my wife. We turned around in the parking lot and came home. No sense in purchasing a wi-fi grill/smoker that has these kinds of software issues. :(
Check out the Siverton at Costco. ( I think that’s what it’s called) It’s a Traeger but you get a LOT more for less money.

The Ironwood is also not having the software issues. It doesn’t need v2.1.00 and just works.

Back