NEED HELP WITH THE APP

victoryrules8

Reaction score
Grill
ironwood 650
I have been racking my brain on this one.. I contacted traeger twice with this issue and they are still extremely confused on what's going on. so everything with my grill is perfectly fine. where the issue is, is with my app. I am able to see my grill temp and timer at the bottom of the display while in the app. however I am unable to tap on location and pull up the rest of my grill preferences. we installed the app on my iPad and added the grill there and it works fine. I've uninstalled the app multiple times and nothing has worked. I seriously do not know what else to do there. I have an iPhone 12pro that is fully up to date. this started happening a few months ago and I still cannot fix the issue. im curious if anyone else has had this problem before. thanks again

I am going to do some testing today to see if I can replicate (we have an iPhone 12 Pro Max + (2) iPhone 6s Plus + iPad Pro 12.9" (1st Gen - 2015) + iPad Pro 12.9" (4th Gen - 2020) + iPad mini 2) ....

First question I have is are both/all devices running iOS 14.4?

Traeger had a red text callout in a previous support document about iOS Settings that had to be adjusted in order for their App to work as expected on "new" devices running iOS 14.x, but when I checked today, they have restructured the page(s) and reduced the amount of content covered in each page ... along with renaming some of the documents ... so that red text callout has disappeared ... will be updating my signature to reflect the changes in a bit ...

List of current support documents by title:

Will report back on testing once I get the cover off the grill ...

Hey great thanks for the response. Yes all my devices are on iOS 14.4. It is the weirdest thing

Test Results: attaching a couple screenshots from an iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 14.4 & Traeger App version 2.1.0b4 ...

I can see the grill on the launch screen of the App, and then when I tap on the grill specific area, it successfully switches to the screen with the full details of the grill (Temp, Probe, Timer, Keep Warm, Shutdown) ... we have a PRO 780 running Firmware V 02.02.01 | Config Version V 03.010 ...

Attachments

• IMG_0541.PNG
    IMG_0541.PNG
    588.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0542.PNG
    IMG_0542.PNG
    755.6 KB · Views: 21
I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max on iOS 14.4 as well and no issues with either the Traeger app or the Thermoworks app for my Signals four port system.

I have asked Traeger if they would make their app on an iPod work in horizontal mode as I have a Bridge keyboard attached to my 2019 iPad 11.

I have been racking my brain on this one.. I contacted traeger twice with this issue and they are still extremely confused on what's going on. so everything with my grill is perfectly fine. where the issue is, is with my app. I am able to see my grill temp and timer at the bottom of the display while in the app. however I am unable to tap on location and pull up the rest of my grill preferences. we installed the app on my iPad and added the grill there and it works fine. I've uninstalled the app multiple times and nothing has worked. I seriously do not know what else to do there. I have an iPhone 12pro that is fully up to date. this started happening a few months ago and I still cannot fix the issue. im curious if anyone else has had this problem before. thanks again
Oh my GOD I am having this same issue! I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max, and the Traeger app has done the same thing since I installed it. The only way I can get to the grill details is to “start cooking a recipe”, but if I close the grill screen, it won’t let me return. The app had previously worked fine on my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, and it does work fine on my wife’s iPhone 12 Pro.
A few weeks ago I called Traeger support, and they took screen shots and notes, but I haven’t heard back. It’s really strange. But it is nice to know that at least I’m not the only one!

Latest Discussions

Back