Need a link for 2 items please

Slimpicker

⚒️ MODERATOR
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
Just getting ready for summer cooking... RemE posted somewhere something you can make a Probe Tip out of in case I "wipe" mine gone someday??? Something that goes over bare wires in case that happens to me... I wanna pre-order some...

Also, where can we buy spare Rubber probe grommets??? Mine keeps coming out now and I wanna get a few on hand in case

THNX in advance

Just getting ready for summer cooking... RemE posted somewhere something you can make a Probe Tip out of in case I "wipe" mine gone someday??? Something that goes over bare wires in case that happens to me... I wanna pre-order some...

Also, where can we buy spare Rubber probe grommets??? Mine keeps coming out now and I wanna get a few on hand in case

THNX in advance
Why don't you just order another probe?

Why don't you just order another probe?

Well, maybe I will, but since that would take Traeger WEEKS, I'd like that 'quik fix' first... if I'm getting a new one anyway, it couldn't hurt

and 2 days later!!!

20210224_150237.jpg

I've wrestled with that grommet every time I do a cook. I just wind up with it hanging on the chord. The damn thing doesn't want to go in the hole and lock in like it's supposed to. I'm not sure it's that important anyway.

I've wrestled with that grommet every time I do a cook. I just wind up with it hanging on the chord. The damn thing doesn't want to go in the hole and lock in like it's supposed to. I'm not sure it's that important anyway.

I lose a lot of smoke since my lid is tight with a gasket if that grommet is not in correctly.
I'm not sure why I haven't just bought a high temp silicone and glued one on

J-B Weld 31319 RTV Silicone Sealant and Adhesive - Black - 3 oz. ??? at amazon??​

Timmy, you used a high temp silicone didn't you???

This is the stuff I used, got it at local auto part store.
20210228_231318.jpg
It's good to 600f degrees, didn't figure I need hotter than this.

I lose a lot of smoke since my lid is tight with a gasket if that grommet is not in correctly.
I'm not sure why I haven't just bought a high temp silicone and glued one on

J-B Weld 31319 RTV Silicone Sealant and Adhesive - Black - 3 oz. ??? at amazon??​

Timmy, you used a high temp silicone didn't you???
I didn't see a temp rating on this @Slimpicker.

I also ordered several of the grommet gasket spares. One wants that hole filled whether cooking or not because where I have lived, that round hole is a beckoning homer for wasps and hornets to take up residence in an idle BBQ (like away for weeks).

I decided it was easier to insert and remove probes with grommet out of the BBQ. I have a large plastic storage box with lid for th BBQ stuff, so will just leave the two ambient air temp probes and one meat probe in one dedicated grommet.

Back