My new Ironwood 885 has been ordered

KraZ440

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Hello everyone. This looks like the place for introductions.

I've recently ordered a new Ironwood 885, so I'm reading and watching everything I can find, waiting for it to be delivered to the store. I used to have an old Traeger Jr. a long time ago (the one with the three-speed control), but it didn't last long and I haven't used it in years, so for all practical purposes I'm new to pellet grills.

I've been pleased with what I've seen so far in these forums and I hope they will end up being a good source of knowledge.

I hope to see you around!

Welcome to the Traeger Club and congrats on the new Ironwood! 🍻

Welcome to the forum , lots of good information here, as well as folks that are only to happy to help…

Welcome to the forum!

Due to special circumstances, I ordered my Ironwood 885 from Bass Pro Shops and chose to have it shipped to my local Cabela's. I was originally quoted 1-2 weeks for delivery. It's been five weeks since I ordered and I'm still waiting. Online customer service has been unable to provide any shipping updates for the last four weeks, except that it was shipped on 5/24. I finally called the local Cabela's and talked to the customer service manager. In less than an hour, she determined that it was lost in shipping, found a new grill in Georgia (I'm in Washington state), and arranged to have it shipped across country, next-day-air and delivered to my house (unfortunately, I'll be on vacation for a couple days, so I'll have to pick it up from the store).

Now, let's see if this second shipment is any better. With any luck, I'll be smokin' by next week.

ugh, sorry to hear about the issues! Hang in there, it will be worth it!

About freakin' time:
1626463898984.png

Although, I won't completely believe it until it is sitting in the back of my truck. I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend. :D

I see that all most important tool they give you!!! The RED handled Philips screwdriver ;)

I see that all most important tool they give you!!! The RED handled Philips screwdriver ;)
RED? Mine was ORANGE! You'd think that for a $1,500 grill that Traeger could get a RED screwdriver correct. I'm going to have to think about returning this piece of junk.

:whistle:

Yeah your right I guess it is orange... of course mine is now a DIRTY orange!!

Yeah your right I guess it is orange... of course mine is now a DIRTY orange!!
Ya so is mine…. Glad I have Orange Snap on screwdrivers!

Back