My Favorite Brisket Cook on a Traeger

RMEKC

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
I've had my Traeger now for almost a full year. Tried lots of cuts, lots of different ways. But, this overnight cook at 195 has to be my favorite for brisket.
Comes out perfect every time, regardless of size of cut, or how I trim it pre-smoke. The finish after the wrap at 250 get's the meal on the table by 1PM, if you start the cook by 10PM, and the brisket is around 13lbs.

Here's the link to the vid:

And here's the latest cook below:
(No critiquing my wife cutting slices across the point please! It was so tender, she went to town while I was still eating)

1632079822758.png

I've had my Traeger now for almost a full year. Tried lots of cuts, lots of different ways. But, this overnight cook at 195 has to be my favorite for brisket.
Comes out perfect every time, regardless of size of cut, or how I trim it pre-smoke. The finish after the wrap at 250 get's the meal on the table by 1PM, if you start the cook by 10PM, and the brisket is around 13lbs.

Here's the link to the vid:

And here's the latest cook below:
(No critiquing my wife cutting slices across the point please! It was so tender, she went to town while I was still eating)

View attachment 7223
I’ve never seen this video before, but it’s pretty much dead on on how I cook brisket! 👍

Yep! This is almost exactly what I do. My overnight temperature is between 180 and 190 and then crank it up to between 240 and 250 in the morning. He wraps at 150, but I wait until 165 at least. I also use a smoke tube.

Back