My email to Treager about custom cooks, and the new app update.

i just can't believe that this feature is so little used. the real question is how many people are upset but don't get in touch??? :mad: how was it actually determined if the function is used?

They track everything that happens through the WiFire app.

They track everything that happens through the WiFire app.

Yep ... end user usage analytics is why WiFIRE exists - it allows Traeger to see in real time how their products are being used and then take that data to map out new features and the next gen product line ... it is the same for any/all IoT-device vendors ...

i just can't believe that this feature is so little used. the real question is how many people are upset but don't get in touch??? :mad: how was it actually determined if the function is used?
It is true that I was attracted to the grill more with the option of using the program features, but I quickly found it not that useful in the end so I'm not surprised at the low adoption.

It seems that there are more variables in play, even the same cuts of meat react differently to the point that I don't trust a fixed program. Having long distance control of the grill, coupled with a superior long range temp monitoring system like FireBoard2 works best for me and frankly is pretty convenient.

I would much rather Traeger spend their resources on the top issues they see, as even that seems to be a full plate for them based on the minimal update rate.

I am also missing the custom cooks. They are still stored in my grill but I cannot start from the app. My custom cooks are for basic things like hamburgers, PorkChop’s and chicken. I don’t need Traegers complicated cooks for some of the basics. I wish they would bring this back. Btw, do a search for hamburgers and all you get is sloppy joes. This app has gone downhill this past year.

I wish they would bring this back. Btw, do a search for hamburgers and all you get is sloppy joes. This app has gone downhill this past year.

Try searching for "burger" -- but yes, that definitely seems like something that should work!

Back