Moving Overseas

canadianbacon83

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Moving to Italy next month but would like to pick up the Ironwood or Pro before I ship out to save a few bucks. Anyone taken theirs overseas? Would I be able to just buy a new power supply over there or will I need all new electronics?

Cheers!

Hopefully there will be others that have more accurate information to lend their opinion. A lot of power supplies these days auto adapt to the input voltage and all you need is a new power cord. I don't know if the Traeger does this. Worst case, you just get yourself one of these:

The Traeger is low enough wattage that using one of these shouldn't be a problem. You shouldn't need new electronics.

Note: The link above is random for illustrative purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation.

Hey thanks for the response man!
I'm not too worried, as like you said power supplies these days are fairly universal. They use a slightly lower frequency, 50Hz as opposed to our 60, and was reading that can have an affect on some things, looking to see if anyone has had any issues. Cheers!

Hey thanks for the response man!
I'm not too worried, as like you said power supplies these days are fairly universal. They use a slightly lower frequency, 50Hz as opposed to our 60, and was reading that can have an affect on some things, looking to see if anyone has had any issues. Cheers!
My Ironwood 650 nameplate says its good for 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz so it should work in Italy. You would have to get an adapter to fit their type of receptacle but they're easy to find.

Ya the WiFire models with D2 controllers basically use a laptop power brick so they are usually world wide. You can buy a euro power cord from Amazon before you go, probably save much hassle finding one there.

Like this
ACP1034 Europe Schuko CEE7/7 Standard Plug to IEC C19 10 Foot (3.05 Meters) Power Cord with VDE + ENEC approvals. Suitable as a European C19 Cord for Data Centers and Server Rooms, etc. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DCSY2FL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_PGDJ8F2ES39VQP267AHB

Or get a 110 US plug bar, for all the stuff that you take over…
if there is a miter it will run slower and make sure that the device is rated for 220 v input, otherwise they go poof, or at least the fuse does….

I’m about to move to Germany. How did your Ironwood 650 do with 220 volt?

I’m about to move to Germany. How did your Ironwood 650 do with 220 volt?
1687136806596.png

See post #4 substitute Germany for Italy. If your nameplate in the hopper looks like this you're good to go. Just get a euro plug adapter or EU power cord

Last edited:
View attachment 21353
See post #4 substitute Germany for Italy. If your nameplate in the hopper looks like this you're good to go. Just get a euro plug adapter or EU power cord
View attachment 21353
Thanks! I looked for the nameplate but didn’t think to look in the hopper. Good to go. It was a wedding gift from my brother, so I was really hoping I could bring it along. Thanks again.

Back