Moveable Probe Holder

Grill Billy

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro 780
This morning I MacGivered up a little magnetic probe storage solution using a black drawer pull and a couple of magnetic door catches. I can move it anywhere that I like.

I still need to paint the magnets black because, well – I want everything to match ?, but this works well.

Front_Mount.jpgHopperLid.jpgBack_2.jpgBack.jpg

nice idea! I just keep mine in the little box area inside the hopper towards the front. I thought that was the intended use

also, is that grommet where the probe wire feeds out of...is that stock for a 780?

nice idea! I just keep mine in the little box area inside the hopper towards the front. I thought that was the intended use

also, is that grommet where the probe wire feeds out of...is that stock for a 780?
The Pro 780 doesn’t have that little storage box in the pellet hopper otherwise I’d have just used that as well. Yes, the probe grommet is standard on the Pro 780.

I finally got around to painting the magnetic catches. I also added a bit of duct tape to the back-side of the magnets, because I noticed that it could leave slight scratches if I wasn't careful.

Since my Pro 780 doesn't have that little probe storage area in the hopper, this works really well.

Probe Storage.png

Last edited:
Back