MORE SMOKE NEEDED...SD generator?

I looked at both alot but I picked smoke daddy as its easier to find different flavor wood pieces vs the pellets. With using pellets might as well just use smoke tube of which helps but not sure about it. I added smoke daddy to my pro34 and loved it. I recently picked up timberline 850 and debating adding big kahuna from smoke daddy. Would love pics from someone with timberline and smoke daddy
The current Smoke'n It" generator instructions say you can use chips or pellets. On the TL850 it fits really well.

When I was initially looking at the Kahuna, I would have mounted in below the left shelf, towards the front or rear while minding the drip system and drip tray drawer.

I looked at both alot but I picked smoke daddy as its easier to find different flavor wood pieces vs the pellets. With using pellets might as well just use smoke tube of which helps but not sure about it. I added smoke daddy to my pro34 and loved it. I recently picked up timberline 850 and debating adding big kahuna from smoke daddy. Would love pics from someone with timberline and smoke daddy
4728EECD-7E30-4C0E-A8D3-9A28DB47C6D9.jpeg

B885E41D-F339-4A70-B150-1286B479B1CA.jpeg

The current Smoke'n It" generator instructions say you can use chips or pellets. On the TL850 it fits really well.

When I was initially looking at the Kahuna, I would have mounted in below the left shelf, towards the front or rear while minding the drip system and drip tray drawer.
any pics of it on the timberline? I’m missing the wood chip flavor

Attachments

• IMG_8086.JPG
    IMG_8086.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_8089.JPG
    IMG_8089.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_8090.JPG
    IMG_8090.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8091.JPG
    IMG_8091.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_8084.JPG
    IMG_8084.JPG
    275.7 KB · Views: 84
very nice install ! Your a master. I agree the smokin it unit is cleaner. My issue is I prefer using wood chips as its easier to get different flavors. How long does it last with wood chips?

very nice install ! Your a master. I agree the smokin it unit is cleaner. My issue is I prefer using wood chips as its easier to get different flavors. How long does it last with wood chips?
You can use either Chips or Pellets, stated run times are up to 10 hours but they didn't mention a different spec with chips, plus it's easy to feed if needed. I haven't tried chips as I have pellets in a bunch of flavors already and liked the idea of not having two types of wood around the house.

I sympathize with you after hearing this news. It may be a product problem, or your operation is not correct. If the problem is not resolved, you can try to buy a new one. The Traeger series products I am currently using are here I bought it on the website-https://grillpartsreplacement.com/search?type=product&q=traeger&options[prefix]=last, it's okay, there is no big problem at present, the quality is still good, you can take a look Is there some product you need, I hope my answer can help you.

You can use either Chips or Pellets, stated run times are up to 10 hours but they didn't mention a different spec with chips, plus it's easy to feed if needed. I haven't tried chips as I have pellets in a bunch of flavors already and liked the idea of not having two types of wood around the house.
did you install regulat or XL smoking it version

did you install regular or XL smokin-it version
I'm not aware of an XL version, I checked their site and only see the 'Bella" that I bought, here's the link;

This unit is designed to smoke a pretty large box, and it runs 10 hours, so I don't think anything more is needed for the Traeger.

What about this smoker? Anybody tested it?

What about this smoker? Anybody tested it?
My thoughts, more expensive and complex with ignitor and air pump integrated. Easy to use but not sure about long term maintenance. 3 hour runtime vs 8-10 on the Smokin-it unit. Plus not as compact, but self contained is nice.

Two things to get more smoke on the cheap.

1. If you don't have one, install a fire resistant gasket around your door so the door doesn't leak smoke.
  2. My Traeger has a chimney exhaust with a cap. On low temp long cooks, I drape a flame resistant towel over the chimney top to create a bit of resistance to atmosphere. The end result is the cooker stays full of smoke and the grill vents out the drip vent.
In addition to significant added smoke flavor, these two mods will also reduce the amount of pellets needed for a long slow cook.

I added the Ironwood/Timberland control to my 780 Pro in hope that SuperSmoke would work. But it gets to hot in SuperSmoke mode and it needs to cold down to set temp all the time. 5 min SuperSmoke and 10min to get down in to set temp. And 5 min SuperSmoke... I guess the downdraft in IW/TL can handle the amount of heat and air (more area)better than the 780 Pro. But when I set the temp to 165-170f I get loads more smoke with the new control than with the old control. I guess the fan has a different speed in the IW/TL than my Pro 780... I also added the gasket on the lid and I had to open the cap on the chimney an extra inch....

On my Timberline, super smoke mode causes the fan to vary speed, stop and pause, at seemingly random intervals as the controller "dances" with the challenge of maintaining the set temp while creating more smoke in the process.

If your Pro780 maintains a set temp in super smoke, you are golden. Some temperature variation up and down is normal in super smoke.

Back