More Power Scotty! Adding Accessory Outlets

RemE

⚒️ Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I have been happily modding my grill, added a FireBoard2 temp monitor, a Cold Smoke Generator, and a pellet hopper stirring system.
I wanted to power everything at the grill so I added adapters and splitters to allow use of a single long power cord.

Everything Zip Ties to the bottom of the hopper grill which keeps things dry in case of a sprinkle. I took the bottom grill off to make this easier. I Zip Tie the power cord to the cord hanger bracket to make a strain relief to protect against damage from any pulls on the power cord.

Link to longer, lighter 18 gage, 15ft power cord (the grill doesn't need high current);

Link to IEC Short Y-Splitter Cable, power cord plugs into this, one leg goes to grill, the other leg goes to a 3-Prog adapter;

Link to IEC to Std 3-Prong Adapter, adapts Y-Cable to 3-Prog Tee Spliter;

Link to Std 3-Prong Tee Splitter;

The pictures under mine show the splitters, adapters, and the FireBoard and Pellet Stir power adapters. There is still an open socket to plug in the cold smoke generator air pump when needed.

Hope it helps!
IMG_8614.jpg
IMG_8610.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t know how Traeger hasn’t tried to hire you yet

You for got to mention the green accent lighting!

NO DRONE CHARGER AREA??? WHAT??? ?

Quick question on the longer cord. Does the female end just plug into the Traeger, or will I need to cut the female end off to replace the original cord? Thanks

Quick question on the longer cord. Does the female end just plug into the Traeger, or will I need to cut the female end off to replace the original cord? Thanks
Yes, that longer cord I linked to is plug-n-play. That connector type is called "IEC".

You can place a Male Female IEC connector in line with your Traeger Power Plug, with a magnetic plug bar that will give you multiple outlets. or to make it real easy get a plug bar with the appropriate length cord and mount it on the back of the Traeger then just plug the Grill into the plug bar the Traeger pulls minimal power I think 4A to start then 1.5A to run

Latest Discussions

Back