Misunderstanding

Omega1xg

Reaction score
Grill
Junior BBQ155
My name is Michael. Aparently, I must have mumbled my name when I was on the phone
ordering some parts from Traeger for my old Junior Elite...

I can relate - having an accent (UK) it's no end of fun seeing the interpretations of my spoken word, especially from the likes of Siri, Alexa and such!

I really just wonder how many people she knows named Bible so as to not ask for clarification.

I had the same issues, my dad was on exchange with the USAF in Fla going to elementary school in St Josephs (by Tyndal AFB) I was accused of being a yankee amongst other things.

Anyway, got the parts I ordered in. New flame diffuser and drip tray. Less than 22 dollars. Far better price than others were wanting online for standard steel.

Traeger parts are very reasonable. and that Junior is like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps on trucking! (and the door seals well)

I had the same issues, my dad was on exchange with the USAF in Fla going to elementary school in St Josephs (by Tyndal AFB) I was accused of being a yankee amongst other things.

Lol, my wife is an Air Force kid. Born in Selma Alabama, lived in Georgia, Florida, Texas, Germany, and finally in Vegas when her dad was stationed at Nellis for the Stealth project. She bristles every time I use the word ‘yankee.’ I try to explain that ‘round here yankee means you ain’t from around here.’ I also had to explain the difference between yankee and damn yankee. Both are still vastly different than ‘Massholes.’ That is a special breed unto themselves ....

I'm British, my family immigrated to Canada and my father joined the Royal Canadian Air Force. He was a Royal Air Force Warrant Officer, navigator, and was given a commission in the RCAF. Canada and the US together form NATO and fighter controllers were trained in Tyndall AFB. So there I am in 6th grade in St Josephs Fla, with a limey accent being called a Yankee. That was a long time ago (1957) Of course I was hard headed and wouldn't back down.

Back