Meat Slicers

GTDjr

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
If this has been addressed elsewhere, please excuse me and direct me to that/those post(s).

We have recently started to venture into bacon. After several attempts, it is becoming blindingly obvious that a short, long, stiff knife is not going to give us consistent, uniform slices. We need a decent meat slicer. I am interested in a machine that is reasonably efficient, that is easy to clean. and that can slice 8 to 10 pound batches. I need something that can either be easily sharpened or that has blades that can be easily and affordably replaced. I don't mind cutting cured bacon into halves making 6 to 7 inch long strips.

I have tried to look over various reviews, but get inconstant evaluations. I don't hate spending $300 or $400 to get something really good if I have to, but my take is that my needs can be met at somewhere below $200.00. This probably something that I will haul our about every two weeks to one month. I am 67 years old. I can imagine slicing brisket and other things besides bacon.

I will appreciate suggestions from those of us who have had first experience with various meat slicers.

Thanks,

Tom Davis

I bought an Anescra 200W electric deli food slicer with two 7.5" stainless steel blades for $115.00 and it takes care of all my bacon needs. Bought it off Amazon with free shipping, It has my recommendation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this and got it for $59.99 with one of the billions of $20 off coupons, and of course free shipping. I did also seriously consider the Anescra, but at 1/2 the cost, I figured if I used it more than expected, I'd probably end up with a more "commercial type" at some point.

I bought an Anescra 200W electric deli food slicer with two 7.5" stainless steel blades for $115.00 and it takes care of all my bacon needs. Bought it off Amazon with free shipping, It has my recommendation.
Thanks.

Latest Discussions

Back