Meat probes

ASingleton

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 22
When I insert my meat probes and close the lid the temp reading always increases to the temp of the inner grill. Cant get a good reading on the meat temp. Cant I leave them inserted or do I have to open grill and insert it each time I need to check the temp?

Yes, they are designed to be left in the meat so that you can monitor the temp without opening the lid. This is also why there is a silicone pass through for the probe cable (at least there is on my Pro 780. You either have a faulty probe or are inserting it incorrectly.

You have the Pro 22 like I do, doesn't your's have that silicone passthru mentioned above?
I even used my Maverick probe the other day and closed the lid on the wire and it still worked fine (didn't have my stock probes hooked up yet)
If you DON'T have that passthru, make a probe hole out of lambcord allthread and 2 nuts...

Or are you sure you are reading the right probe since you have 2

As others have mentioned, they are designed to be left in during your cook. There should be a little rubber grommet on the side of your grill next to the hopper. You can run the probe through that hole. If your grill came with an older controller and you added the Pro Controller, you might not have that grommet. If you have the Digital Pro Controller, the main display is always going to show the internal temp of the grill. You have to press the PROBE SELECTOR button to see the temp of the probes.

If you have the Digital Pro Controller, the main display is always going to show the internal temp of the grill. You have to press the PROBE SELECTOR button to see the temp of the probes.

DUDE, I'll bet that's what he's forgetting

Back