Pellets Lumber Jack

Timmy

BBQ FEAST MASTER #traegergameday Wins 2022/2024
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780, Bronson 20 , Char grill gasser, Char griller modified offset, Blackstone 3 burner griddle
I was looking at old post, thought I'd see what everyone that uses these still thinks about them.
I can buy them pretty reasonable in my area.

I have two bags of Lumberjack. One was mesquite that I finished up this past weekend. In my opinion, it does seem to give a bit more smoke and impart a bit of that in the meat. But I found it generates the most ash out of any of the pellets I have used so far.
I still have a part bag of their charcoal blend to use. I was using it for grilling on the traeger last summer when I was looking for more BBQ flavor as opposed to smoke. Those pellets seem very hard to me, I could hear what sounded like the auger cutting the ones partway in the tube as it turned. My only auger fire thus far was with those pellets. I vacuum out the ash now after every cook when I use them. I have had only the one fire, so probably just needed to be cleaned more often using them.
I would buy them again, but only if I got a deal on them
I bought a bag of Green Mountain Grill Texas blend last year and those I really like. I wouldn't mind trying more of their pellets

Last edited:
I am using LumberJack 100% Hickory, Apple, Maple, Oak, and I even found 100% Mesquite at a Sporting Goods outlet. I also like the Fruit Blend (Apple/Cherry) and Pecan blend (Red Oak and Pecan) for Pork, and this past Sunday I made a Prime Rib with their Supreme Blend (Oak, Hickory, Cherry). Prior to using LumberJack, all i ever used was Traeger pellets. I also find more of the smoke taste from LumberJack Pellets imparted to the food, and I also agree with RustyJake about the ash content. The ash content really doesn't bother me, as I vacuum out the ash after every long cook or after two short cooks.

I am using LumberJack 100% Hickory, Apple, Maple, Oak, and I even found 100% Mesquite at a Sporting Goods outlet. I also like the Fruit Blend (Apple/Cherry) and Pecan blend (Red Oak and Pecan) for Pork, and this past Sunday I made a Prime Rib with their Supreme Blend (Oak, Hickory, Cherry). Prior to using LumberJack, all i ever used was Traeger pellets. I also find more of the smoke taste from LumberJack Pellets imparted to the food, and I also agree with RustyJake about the ash content. The ash content really doesn't bother me, as I vacuum out the ash after every long cook or after two short cooks.
The sporting goods store you speak of still had 100% mesquite? Lumberjack doesn’t offer those anymore which kept me from trying lumberjack on this last purchase of pellets I did. They were going to be my next brand as I’ve tried traeger, pit, and bbq delights. The BBQD have been the ones to have a stronger taste IMO than the other two I’ve tried.

The sporting goods store you speak of still had 100% mesquite? Lumberjack doesn’t offer those anymore which kept me from trying lumberjack on this last purchase of pellets I did. They were going to be my next brand as I’ve tried traeger, pit, and bbq delights. The BBQD have been the ones to have a stronger taste IMO than the other two I’ve tried.
Yes, the sporting goods store is Dick's Sporting Goods, and I just checked their website and they still offer LumberJack 100%Medquite Wood Pellets

Yes, the sporting goods store is Dick's Sporting Goods, and I just checked their website and they still offer LumberJack 100%Medquite Wood Pellets
Wickerlandpatio.com still shows Lumberjack 100% mesquite and the blend available. Canadian supplier though, so it still must be out there somewhere

Be careful when ordering LumberJack Pecan pellets online. The Amazon web site says 100% Pecan, but its really their Pecan blend with red oak.

Back