Loss of power

Rflynn68

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
My Ironwood 650 is dropping power. The grill turns on and ignites for approx. 1 min. Then power cycles off with a blank screen and an illuminated power button.

I have tried different outlets, checked home circuit breakers and GFC’s and nothing tripped. Between the WiFi issues and now this, I regretting my purchase. Has anyone had this problem and are willing to share the fix?

Did you make sure your power cord was pushed in firmly? I believe there’s also a fuse somewhere, but doubt it would turn off, if that was the issue.

My Ironwood 650 is dropping power. The grill turns on and ignites for approx. 1 min. Then power cycles off with a blank screen and an illuminated power button.

I have tried different outlets, checked home circuit breakers and GFC’s and nothing tripped. Between the WiFi issues and now this, I regretting my purchase. Has anyone had this problem and are willing to share the fix?
I'm having the exact same problem, and mine also started yesterday, at about the same time as yours. I also noticed that it completed the software update. Mine actually shut down in the middle of a cook. Now it only displays the Treager logo on the screen, then shuts down immediately. Been on hold with Customer Service for over two hours, still on hold as i'm typing this.

**UPDATE**
Finally got through to customer service, they are sending me a replacement controller.. I hope that fixes the issue.

Having the exact same issue today with my Ironwood 885, right after it updated as well.

We are having I believe the same or similar issue. The smoker ignites and appears to start running then will enter Sleep Mode. I am currently on hold with customer service. We had the issue prior to the software update but now it is worse and we cannot even use it. We also have the Ironwood 885.

WoW ... their Firmware / Config version update process surely has some "broken" QA/QC issues that need to be worked out ...

Just got off of the phone with customer service and they are sending a new controller.

We are having I believe the same or similar issue. The smoker ignites and appears to start running then will enter Sleep Mode. I am currently on hold with customer service. We had the issue prior to the software update but now it is worse and we cannot even use it. We also have the Ironwood 885.
Same here, same problem. Worked two days ago then firmware update to grill and now the grill turns on for 5 seconds then off. Shows sleep mode.

I just got off the phone with Traeger support after a two-hour wait on hold. They are sending a new control panel is their answer. My Ironwood is brand new, just purchased in April. I have had zero issues until the firmware update they sent out on May 18th. My Traeger powers on then power off within 10 seconds.

What firmware did you update from and too? This is terrible...

My ironwood is brand new too. Had it less than a month and only the 3rd time using it. The first time it shut off once but started right back up and stayed on, the 2nd time it continously shut off and this last time everything worked fine until the thermometer was plugged in and then shut off. Hopefully the new controller is the key!!

My ironwood 650 just started to do the exact same thing today. I did all the things you did plus taking the computer out to check for something shorting but didn’t find anything

WoW ... their Firmware / Config version update process surely has some "broken" QA/QC issues that need to be worked out ...
Yep and if the answer is to replace the controller, then what about the next upgrade & the next? My grill won't even go to 350 degrees so I can't use it. I have the ear of the CEO & he turned me over to the VP of Customer Support who doesn't know when these issues will be fixed. What do we do?

Thanks all for the replies. As strange as it sounds, it’s comforting to know it’s not just my unit. Misery loves company.
Customer service is also giving me a new control head. Which now, makes me more weary. It sounds like they don’t know it’s a firmware problem yet and just putting a band aid over their constant software/firmware issues.
Now we will all get a new control head just to be tainted by their updates again.

Latest Discussions

Back