Looking at at Traeger

smeltitdeltit

Reaction score
Grill
Nothing yet
Hi all
Looking ant a new grill and the Traeger has taken my fancy.

I have a concern though about the new timberline or ironwood rear exhaust.
My backyard would see the grill up against my house, with maybe a foot or so clearance. Perhaps a touch more.
House is brick with stucco.
I’m worried about the smoke exhaust staining the house.
Has anyone had experience with this?

Cheers for your help

Hi all
Looking ant a new grill and the Traeger has taken my fancy.

I have a concern though about the new timberline or ironwood rear exhaust.
My backyard would see the grill up against my house, with maybe a foot or so clearance. Perhaps a touch more.
House is brick with stucco.
I’m worried about the smoke exhaust staining the house.
Has anyone had experience with this?

Cheers for your help
While I wouldn’t recommend consulting with Ann I would tell you I’ve had my T850 for about 6 months out on my screened in porch and it was not stained my house yet. My porch area is painted wood just FYI if you look at my profile pic you can kind of see my back drop.

Welcome to the forum! I normally wheel the Traeger out of the covered porch area when smoking but I haven't noticed any discoloration around the surrounding stucco columns.

Many thanks. For long cooks I’d probably wheel out from the house, but I also want to be able to use it for quick weeknight grilling etc which is when I would rather not move it.

I’d imagine that high grilling temps produce a cleaner smoke anyway??

Also, I’m choosing between the timberline 850 or the ironwood 885.
I’m in Australia where the super cold temps don’t hit. The price difference between the two is probably around $400 USD

Any thoughts?

There doesn't seem to be much smoke after the grill is heated on high temp cooks. I think it depends on the amount of grill space. I have the Ironwood 650 and it's been plenty big which is the same size as the Timberline 850 without the 3rd cooking grate. On the other hand, it seems like you can't go wrong going bigger if you have the space :)

Many thanks. For long cooks I’d probably wheel out from the house, but I also want to be able to use it for quick weeknight grilling etc which is when I would rather not move it.

I’m in Australia where the super cold temps don’t hit. The price difference between the two is probably around $400 USD

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
I highly recommend the 850. Mine has just been a beast. The double walls in the timberline series really help hold in your heat and keep the temp within +/- 5 degrees.

Latest Discussions

Back