Life in America's "Smoking Section"

RemE

⚒️ Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
Sure, we get our seasonal fire season, but this year is a bad one. Some say climate change, others say it's decades of poor forest management, too much suppression of natural fires until mega fires sweep whole swaths .

My heart goes out to all those who are experiencing horrible losses, and the rest who are living in a blanket of smoke for days to weeks now.
Rose gold sun with filtered amber light all day, crazy.

Stay safe, and prayers that we see some normalcy in the weeks and months ahead, just too much going on this year.

When I'm not re-engineering my grill, I'm tinkering with radio control models, here's some drone shots of last Sunday's "Nuclear Sunset", after our hottest day on record. Feels like Bladerunner!

Attachments

• Sunset1 2020-09-06.JPG
    Sunset1 2020-09-06.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Sunset2 2020-09-06.JPG
    Sunset2 2020-09-06.JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Sunset3e 2020-09-06.JPG
    Sunset3e 2020-09-06.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 24
Stay safe out there. I saw pictures of the stadiums in SF and OAK yesterday. Crazy.

Funny, My daughter in Seattle sent this

Attachments

• 8531BBBD-EAEE-4769-B7CC-7BF41C63A26D.jpeg
    8531BBBD-EAEE-4769-B7CC-7BF41C63A26D.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 27
Epic photos RemE... desktop background worthy by far!!!!!

Made one my desktop background... it was WAY too tempting not to...

Strange how such devastation can make for the most beautiful sunsets. I would image this to be what the sunsets in hell look like.

Sucks that people have to deal with this. Mother nature can be very cruel.

Stay safe my friend.

Strange how such devastation can make for the most beautiful sunsets. I would image this to be what the sunsets in hell look like.

Sucks that people have to deal with this. Mother nature can be very cruel.

Stay safe my friend.
Ya, mother nature is a bitch, but what in human nature makes arsons?

I've lived in So Calif my whole life and these fires have occurred periodically over my entire life, it's not climate change, it's poor forest management, too much fire suppression, rampant home development in risky locations.

Add to this, our corrupt power companies, who literally not only didn't maintain high power transmission lines in remote areas, they didn't even inspect them in the last 15 years. The photos of the failed transmission line cable holder brackets from last years Paradise fire are just plain criminal, it simply should not have happened.

Tough situation all around, something that will take decades to correct.

Power companies seem to be the same no matter where you live. When CEO's feel the need to make multi million dollar bonuses per year, they have to rape something.... the customer, the forest, the wild life.

Funny how money has "In God We Trust" on it.

As far as what makes human arsonists.... genetics. Programmed in from the caveman times. We all love smoke & fire here.... but at least we have good eats to show for it. :)

Ya, mother nature is a bitch, but what in human nature makes arsons?

I've lived in So Calif my whole life and these fires have occurred periodically over my entire life, it's not climate change, it's poor forest management, too much fire suppression, rampant home development in risky locations.

Add to this, our corrupt power companies, who literally not only didn't maintain high power transmission lines in remote areas, they didn't even inspect them in the last 15 years. The photos of the failed transmission line cable holder brackets from last years Paradise fire are just plain criminal, it simply should not have happened.

Tough situation all around, something that will take decades to correct.

AMEN brutha!!!
yellow.gif

A victim of the recent California wildfires in the Santa Cruz mountains. Along with the house, workshop, truck and ATVs.

20200905_115531.jpg

A victim of the recent California wildfires in the Santa Cruz mountains. Along with the house, workshop, truck and ATVs.

View attachment 2733
That is brutal to see, but to have to live through it isn't something I can begin to imagine. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

Hang in there Mike... very sad indeed

So sorry. Spent a lot of summers in Tahoe and went thru a bunch of fires and lots of smoke. Be strong and positive.

Hopefully our high winds will die out soon. Nothing like being a little blue marker in front of a big-ass evac zone that's heading right at you, gulp.

Attachments

• Silverado Fire Evac Zones 2020-10-27.png
    Silverado Fire Evac Zones 2020-10-27.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Back