Lack of smoke/how much should i see?

ScottHarrison

Reaction score
Grill
Costco Silverton 810
I have a Century 885 from Costco how much smoke should come out of the chimney cap when I am cooking. I see very little to no smoke coming out of the chimney cap while cooking?

The lower the temp, the more smoke you will see, but rest assured, you are cooking on a wood fire. Low and slow gives more smoke flavor.

The lower the temp, the more smoke you will see, but rest assured, you are cooking on a wood fire. Low and slow gives more smoke flavor.
But shouldn’t I see some smoke come out of the chimney cap throughout the process?

Depending on wood type and current humidity the smoke will vary.

I'm at 70-80% humidity with mesquite pellets and seeing smoke below 250 F

Running mine @ 180 today for deer jerky... the SMOKE is awesome... using Bear Mountain BOLD

NOT ENOUGH SMOKE

A lot of people, when they think of a smoker, think of a grill billowing thick white smoke. This is not the type of smoke we want to produce.
Traeger Wood Pellet Grills produce a superior thin blue smoke that provides a cleaner, smoker flavor. Often, the smoke is so thin it only appears as heat waves coming off the grill. However, it is there. You will be able to see the smoke rings on your meat and taste the difference

Back