Just received Firmware version 02.01.03

I have a Pro 780 that I purchased a month ago. My Firmware is 02.00.01, so I am about 3 revisions behind. I called Customer Support and asked how I can get an update and the guy told me that they are not pushing any more updates until the next one is released. I asked if there was a way for me to force my grill to pull the latest update and he said no, and an email would go out telling me to turn my grill on when the update is available. So I am stuck until then. No 500 degree capability.

Firmware 02.01.02 was causing a subset of WiFIRE Controllers to unexpectedly shutoff, so they put that update on hold on May 27th ... once that happened, 02.00.01 became the "shipping" update, so in that regard, you are as up-to-date as many others who purchased in the past couple months ...

Traeger's Cloud back-end only PUSHes down updates to registered Grill UUIDs ... there is no way to PULL an update from an end-user perspective ...

To date, Traeger Customer Service is probably not a great source for accurate/up-to-date information ... I will be surprised if you receive an email from them ...

Lastly, the ability to select 500 degrees is not a function of Firmware, but a feature update made availabile via the Config Version file ... for a PRO 780, 500 degrees became available with 03.009 ... 03.010 is the current version ... assuming you have 03.007 running on your WiFIRE Controller ...

I’m still on my original config of 05.007 3 days later. I guess I should just be glad that it’s connected to Wi-Fi and everything works.…

I received firmware 02.01.03 overnight. My config version is V 06.008. Can't find anything on this on the Traeger support site. Has anyone contacted Traeger to get the "release notes". what's fixed and still broken.? :) Ironwood 650

I received firmware 02.01.03 overnight. My config version is V 06.008. Can't find anything on this on the Traeger support site. Has anyone contacted Traeger to get the "release notes". what's fixed and still broken.? :) Ironwood 650

Hmmm ... I just checked and my PRO 780 picked up 02.01.03 overnight as well, so the PUSH must be going wide ... no change to my Config Version (still running @ 03.010 which is the "latest" if the WiFIRE Status Page is still "accurate") ...

The only "updates" to the WiFIRE Status Page since May 18th have been related to App Versions, and even those are "late" or not listing the latest available version ...

Last edited:
Hmmm ... I just checked and my PRO 780 picked up 02.01.03 overnight as well, so the PUSH must be going wide ... no change to my Config Version (still running @ 03.010 which is the "latest" if the WiFIRE Status Page is still "accurate") ...

The only "updates" to the WiFIRE Status Page since May 18th have been related to App Versions, and even those are "late" or not listing the latest available version ...
Hmm, Just plugged mine in and put in standby, let's see if it get's some firmware love.

Mine is showing 02.01.03 as well but same old config 03.007

Mine is showing 02.01.03 as well but same old config 03.007

Gotta hope that this 2nd release of 02.01.03 mimics May 2020's release and you get an updated Config Version in the next 12-24 Hours ...

Would be nice of them to tell us what’s included in this update. Maybe it includes the uplink to the Traeger Satellite they’ve been talking about. ?

I received firmware 02.01.03 also some time in the last couple of days. My config version is V 06.008. I have an Ironwood 650.

Gotta hope that this 2nd release of 02.01.03 mimics May 2020's release and you get an updated Config Version in the next 12-24 Hours ...
I would be okay waiting to see what was in the update and if it was stable. Let someone else test it ?

Back