Just received Firmware version 02.01.03

LarryM

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
As of 9am PDT on 7-21. Still on my original config version of 5.007.

I received the update Monday late afternoon. The official site still lists 2.01.02 as the latest release- any idea what changes where made?

What model grills are you both running? My PRO 780 is still on 02.01.02 | 03.010 ... as for the WiFIRE Status Page being "up-to-date" with version numbers and what is included in an update ... it will lag and be incomplete ... wondering if they are following the previous "cadence" of every other update release being targeted to a subset of controllers versus wide ... January was a wide release ... March was a targeted release ... May was a wide release ... July is TBD ...

EDIT: Forgot to add that the iOS app version incremented to 2.0.9 today ... assume the Android version will do so as well ...

Last edited:
What model grills are you both running? My PRO 780 is still on 02.01.02 | 03.010 ... as for the WiFIRE Status Page being "up-to-date" with version numbers and what is included in an update ... it will lag and be incomplete ... wondering if they are following the previous "cadence" of every other update release being targeted to a subset of controllers versus wide ... January was a wide release ... March was a targeted release ... May was a wide release ... July is TBD ...

EDIT: Forgot to add that the iOS app version incremented to 2.0.9 today ... assume the Android version will do so as well ...
Mine is an Ironwood 885 bought in mid June. It came with 02.00.01 and 05.007 config.

Mine is an Ironwood 885 bought in mid June. It came with 02.00.01 and 05.007 config.

Thanks for that info ... I would leave it powered on continuously for 24-48 hours since we don't know if they've made any changes to the 2-step update process where the Config Version update follows 12-24 Hours afterwards ... with May's Update release, if someone powered off after receiving the Firmware, they never received the Config Version ...

Thanks for that info ... I would leave it powered on continuously for 24-48 hours since we don't know if they've made any changes to the 2-step update process where the Config Version update follows 12-24 Hours afterwards ... with May's Update release, if someone powered off after receiving the Firmware, they never received the Config Version ...
Thanks for all of your help on this forum, been a great help to me. It took several attempts and hours to connect originally (still not sure what I actually did differently the final time...), so I've left it on continuously since then just to make sure the update would kick in. I'll update if the config file changes.

Thanks for all of your help on this forum, been a great help to me. It took several attempts and hours to connect originally (still not sure what I actually did differently the final time...), so I've left it on continuously since then just to make sure the update would kick in. I'll update if the config file changes.

Within the App, what is the Signal Strength reading as currently? Mine is -65dBm (Fair) since the double-paned sliding glass door is open to the back porch at the moment ... when that door closes, it can drop to Poor ... I know that the initial setup will fail with a Poor Signal Strength reading, but unsure if that will also block updates from installing ... If required, I will move the IoT-device router towards the WiFIRE Controller to get the signal back to Excellent ...

Within the App, what is the Signal Strength reading as currently? Mine is -65dBm (Fair) since the double-paned sliding glass door is open to the back porch at the moment ... when that door closes, it can drop to Poor ... I know that the initial setup will fail with a Poor Signal Strength reading, but unsure if that will also block updates from installing ... If required, I will move the IoT-device router towards the WiFIRE Controller to get the signal back to Excellent ...
The update occurred with a "Fair" signal of -62dBm. I have mine covered and control panel facing opposite of signal direction which is up stairs and a room over. I usually get fair to good with it uncovered and a way from the house while in use.

I did notice something odd during my original attempt to connect to Wifi. The last digit of the MAC address as reported on the control panel is one number off when compared to the MAC address it uses as reported by my router. I've never seen that before, but apparently it doesn't seem to be an issue at this point.

I did notice something odd during my original attempt to connect to Wifi. The last digit of the MAC address as reported on the control panel is one number off when compared to the MAC address it uses as reported by my router. I've never seen that before, but apparently it doesn't seem to be an issue at this point.

Pretty sure I see the same behavior - will confirm later ...

EDIT: I had to Factory Reset & Forget Wi-Fi & Remove Grill to recall exactly what takes place ... so pre-setup, the MAC Address of our WiFIRE Controller ends in A9 as the last octet + the internal WiFIRE Controller Network Name = Traeger-15A9 (the 15A9 corresponds to the last two octets of the MAC Address of the controller when it is not connected to a Wi-Fi Network) ...

Post-setup, the MAC Address of our WiFIRE Controller ends in A8 as the last octet ... so it modifies the last digit of the MAC Address ... my Static IP Address assignment via the DHCP Server serving the IoT-device networks leverages the A8 version of the MAC Address ...

Last edited:
Pretty sure I see the same behavior - will confirm later ...

EDIT: I had to Factory Reset & Forget Wi-Fi & Remove Grill to recall exactly what takes place ... so pre-setup, the MAC Address of our WiFIRE Controller ends in A9 as the last octet + the internal WiFIRE Controller Network Name = Traeger-15A9 (the 15A9 corresponds to the last two octets of the MAC Address of the controller when it is not connected to a Wi-Fi Network) ...

Post-setup, the MAC Address of our WiFIRE Controller ends in A8 as the last octet ... so it modifies the last digit of the MAC Address ... my Static IP Address assignment via the DHCP Server serving the IoT-device networks leverages the A8 version of the MAC Address ...
Interesting. Thanks for the effort. I am curious now to double check my setup, especially after the recent update. Probably won't be able to check until tomorrow.

24 hours later, no new config file.

Bummer ... we are all flying blind at the moment without any documentation updates via the WiFIRE Status Page ... we know how the May Update release worked with regards to the 2-step upgrade process, but others who have spoken to Traeger recently were told that they were planning to move to a single step process and update both files at the same time ... who knows if that made it into the July Update release at this point ... no vendor, IoT-device or otherwise, should be PUSHing updates to end user devices without the corresponding documentation being posted in advance ... I keep hoping Traeger's DEV / QA / QC / Release processes will show signs of maturation, but this isn't giving me a positive vibe that July will be much different than January, March, and May were previously this CY ...

I have a Pro 780 that I purchased a month ago. My Firmware is 02.00.01, so I am about 3 revisions behind. I called Customer Support and asked how I can get an update and the guy told me that they are not pushing any more updates until the next one is released. I asked if there was a way for me to force my grill to pull the latest update and he said no, and an email would go out telling me to turn my grill on when the update is available. So I am stuck until then. No 500 degree capability.

Back