Just as i expected.

Andrew Ediger

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline1300
Just as I expected, the back of the smoker was full of grease. I cleaned it all out. Took my shop vac to it cleaned it up. Put it back together did a water test and the water went straight down to the drip pan. I was looking at the tray and realized it wasn't sitting flush to the back of the smoker. So I looked at it and the light bulb went on. At least it flickered a bit...did a bit of adjustment and now its good so far. I also set my temp gradually to 350 and it was fine. No problems. The new drip tray got was bent also. Wish me luck. Gonna smoke tomorrow.

The Timberline drip trays are bowed by design, drippings run to the sides, then forward into the front channel. The front channel is tilted to the left, then down into the drawer.

The Timberline drip trays are bowed by design, drippings run to the sides, then forward into the front channel. The front channel is tilted to the left, then down into the drawer.
My drip tray was flowing to the back. And I understand what your saying. But its not good when it comes in all destroyed out of the box. They are sending me a new one. I showed them ( customer service) over a call we did. She took pictures and all.

My drip tray was flowing to the back. And I understand what your saying. But its not good when it comes in all destroyed out of the box. They are sending me a new one. I showed them ( customer service) over a call we did. She took pictures and all.
Wow, There are two brackets in the back that hold the rear of the tray higher than the front. Can you share some pictures of your tray and rear brackets?

I'm really interested in seeing what happened to yours!

Wow, There are two brackets in the back that hold the rear of the tray higher than the front. Can you share some pictures of your tray and rear brackets?

I'm really interested in seeing what happened to yours!
I dont have rear brackets. Only the two on the sides.that hold the tray. It has always seemed like to me the tray is not long enough. Because there's a gap on both sides. It could just be me?

Attachments

• 16103923567337261950256764522549.jpg
    16103923567337261950256764522549.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 46
And right there is where it dips down.

Attachments

• 1610392424420642745748486883900.jpg
    1610392424420642745748486883900.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 30
Now I've only had this for a month, with two fires.

I see, bent for sure. The normal tray has a nice bow, high in the middle, low on the sides. Then the whole pan is tilted forward by the side brackets.
Drip Tray.JPG

Attachments

• 16103930382657106840038748379784.jpg
    16103930382657106840038748379784.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 26
Yup! Well, the new ones are now stainless steel, my first one wasn't. They just replaced it because the liners were melting on it and "welding" onto it.

I love the replacement, I also had made a lower heat baffle for the left side which now insures that the pan can't get enough direct fire heat to melt liners like it used to.

I dont have rear brackets. Only the two on the sides.that hold the tray. It has always seemed like to me the tray is not long enough. Because there's a gap on both sides. It could just be me?

The gaps around the pan are part of the air flow design. Fire blows out of the firepot to the right and left because of the pot cover. The smoke and heat flow up and around the drip pan from all sides and into the cooking area. This causes the convection air swirl inside for more even cooking. Only a portion of the air escapes out of the two rear exhaust ports, while the rest circulates all over.

This is bent
Yup! Well, the new ones are now stainless steel, my first one wasn't. They just replaced it because the liners were melting on it and "welding" onto it.

I love the replacement, I also had made a lower heat baffle for the left side which now insures that the pan can't get enough direct fire heat to melt liners like it

The gaps around the pan are part of the air flow design. Fire blows out of the firepot to the right and left because of the pot cover. The smoke and heat flow up and around the drip pan from all sides and into the cooking area. This causes the convection air swirl inside for more even cooking. Only a portion of the air escapes out of the two rear exhaust ports, while the rest circulates all over.
Thanks for the clarification. I would have bet money it was wrong. Whew!

Latest Discussions

Back