Jewel Controller

Sodaking27

Grill Master of the Month
Reaction score
Grill
BBQ070, BBQ075, BBQ155, IronWood 650, Ranger
Has anyone updated their controller with the Jewel? If so what are your thoughts about it?

Thanks

Jewel? do tell, link?
It’s a replacement controller for the non D2 Traeger’s.

Just pulled the trigger and ordered one. I’ll post some updates once I have it installed.

Just want to advise everyone to stay away from doing business with this company. I won’t go into all the details. Poor customer service.

Well, ya took one for the team, I'll give ya that (y)

Just want to advise everyone to stay away from doing business with this company. I won’t go into all the details. Poor customer service.
Good to know. If you gave it a good review, I was considering putting one on my Bronson 20.

Based on the web site, it looks to be a half-@ssed operation. Sorry to hear about your learning moment. I hate it when that happens.

Smoke daddy has a upgrade controller.
David, I purchased one of their Patriot Pro controllers in January. I’ve had one of their earlier Pellet Pro controllers on my BBQ070 for years. It’s been rock solid. I haven’t used the Patriot controller enough yet to make my final decision about it.
1C636259-F5C0-4864-99F1-765FC2F85213.jpeg

04483D92-465C-4E46-B27D-330AFDF8CA2B.jpeg

David, I purchased one of their Patriot Pro controllers in January. I’ve had one of their earlier Pellet Pro controllers on my BBQ070 for years. It’s been rock solid. I haven’t used the Patriot controller enough yet to make my final decision about it.
View attachment 4516
View attachment 4517I’ve been debating on ordering a Phoenix for my 070 lil Tex model. How was installation, has the WiFi worked well for you?

FieldMedic - Installation is super easy. Plug and play. The WiFi only works while your connected to your home network. I’ve never heard of the Phoenix controller.

FieldMedic - Installation is super easy. Plug and play. The WiFi only works while your connected to your home network. I’ve never heard of the Phoenix controller.

My bad... I meant Patriot.... 😬..... Thanks for the review/recommendation! Do you experience any dead areas while on WiFi in different rooms of your home? Ive read where you might need a different router? How has it managed temp variations? Thanks again for the info !!!

WiFi coverage is excellent including my garage. +/- 5 degrees for temp variation.

Back