I've tried. Really, I have.

scenarlob

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 570
My Pro 22 was a retirement gift. I was astonished to find out what my friends paid for a cheaply made piece of Chinese junk masquerading as a once-reputable American product. I've had it 6 months and with the failure of the induction fan today I'm confident that I've experienced every malfunction that this thing can possibly have. Flameouts? Check. Auger fire? Check. 200 degree temperature swings? Check. The final straw was a customer service agent telling me that he needed access to my phone's camera to complete my warranty claim. It's out at the end of my driveway with a "FREE" sign on it now. Life's too short.

My Pro 22 was a retirement gift. I was astonished to find out what my friends paid for a cheaply made piece of Chinese junk masquerading as a once-reputable American product. I've had it 6 months and with the failure of the induction fan today I'm confident that I've experienced every malfunction that this thing can possibly have. Flameouts? Check. Auger fire? Check. 200 degree temperature swings? Check. The final straw was a customer service agent telling me that he needed access to my phone's camera to complete my warranty claim. It's out at the end of my driveway with a "FREE" sign on it now. Life's too short.
Looks like it’s time to trade it in for a Brinkman.

For the price of Traeger brand smokers, I definitely agree and would not recommend anyone to buy this brand. There are too many other pellet grill options in the $300-$500 price range… just check pit boss, it was created by Joe Traeger anyway. You can replace those three times and still come out cheaper in the long run. My complaint is the inconsistency in customer service. I paid $1000 for my Ironwood 650 only to have the paint chip in the front and back within the first month. Customer service says it’s not a problem and won’t replace it even tough others on the forum have had theirs replaced. They said it’s my fault for not maintaining/cleaning it properly, see the pictures below. I don’t want to paint it because I have three years left on the warranty and may need it for another malfunction. Not that I expect them to honor It, but I’m afraid to do any modifications (like painting) because I don’t want to completely void the warranty. Oh well, lesson learned. I’m really regretting spending so much for this smoker.

Attachments

• 8A3DA0A3-09BB-4ECC-966A-9FD94A7182FE.jpeg
    8A3DA0A3-09BB-4ECC-966A-9FD94A7182FE.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 66607686-DD1B-46F1-856C-12B9391C79E4.jpeg
    66607686-DD1B-46F1-856C-12B9391C79E4.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 88EDB887-05B8-4BC4-9FAE-B5E8193EA414.jpeg
    88EDB887-05B8-4BC4-9FAE-B5E8193EA414.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 9FA7F396-CF27-4634-BF23-F193E35B1CB5.jpeg
    9FA7F396-CF27-4634-BF23-F193E35B1CB5.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 49
Welcome to the forum?!?!

Where are you? Instead of setting it in the driveway maybe see if one of the friends that paid for it would like it?

I purchased my 34 as a retirement gift to myself. I hear you. Until Sat., the last time I used it was well over a year ago, and I am only close to my second yr. of ownership. But, I wasn't ready to give up, after trying to sell it with only 2 uses and nearly just giving it away. It is so bulky to use and the performance is inconsistent To compensate my patio now has a Weber charcoal and a gas grill. ::Sigh:: 🙁

I am not Happy with my Pro22 either....

I soon found out how bad the 22 was and offloaded it very quickly and moved to the Pro 575, best thing I ever did. I fail to understand a companies reasoning that they should have available a cheap model that competes with other brands, Surely this just undermines the companies reputation and if I hadn't joined this forum I would have never bought another Traeger.

Latest Discussions

Back