Is there a way to create a Cook program within the App like the preprogrammed ones already there?

JohnMcD348

Reaction score
Grill
ironwood
I'm still kinda new to my Traeger and really like it. I like the preprogrammed cook sequences that are in the App, but I'd like to do some of my cooks a little differently. I'd like to cook at a lower temp, for a longer time, with Super Smoke running and then increase the temps later in the cook. I've played with the app for awhile and can't find any place in it where I can create my own program. Is it not an option or am I missing something there?

Thanks

The dorks removed that from the app in a later update...

Thanks, for the info. That SUCKS.

Part of the reason I bought my Traeger was because I was tired of having to get up throughout the night when doing long cooks, adjusting temps, stoking the fire, etc. Now that I've been using it for awhile, I've found times and temps that work a little better for me and give more smoke flavor that I was missing since moving over to the pellet way of life. But, I can't find anything close to it, in any of the preset cook recipes in the app. I was really hoping to be able to make my own Brisket or Butt program so I can put it in at night and go to sleep and let it run.

Pretty lame that they removed it. The Green Mountain WiFi app lets you do this. Perhaps Traeger could hire their coders.
I haven't messed with the Fireboard2 Drive unit a lot, but I think they built in the ability to create cooks for the fan driven side on their app. You can create and save them. I think they have 2 pre-loaded. If they have that, I would imagine the Yoder will have the recipe functions as well, seeing as they use the fireboard for their controls and temp

Back