Is my traeger controller dead

Baston80053

Reaction score
Is my controller dead. I see the burnt smoke residue....back story. I do demo insp on properties. This was left behind. Took a chance. For 60$... For a new controller ill take the chance.

Attachments

• 20230201_131459.jpg
    20230201_131459.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20230201_131452.jpg
    20230201_131452.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 44
I am no expert but if there's a burnt spot on that board I would say yes it's bad. It may be a great deal.:)

I cannot tell from the photo whether the residue comes from the transformer arcing or from a blown capacitor next to it. Either way, the controller is probably dead. If you know a good electronic repair shop, they may be able to replace the defective parts. However, what you do not know is whether the failure also damaged other parts of the board such as processor chips. Thus, replacing the board is probably the best idea.

I had issues with our original unit erroring out from time to time because it would let the pellets lose flame and then kill the fire while still slowly adding more and more pellets to the pot. Then purchased a new control board from the YAOAWE. Haven't had that happen yet with the new control panel. Works as well as the original..

New $60 controller and power cord. 15 min of work and presto. 600$ smoker I picked up for free. 70$ spent on it. Sold it to my brother who will clean and use it this weekend.

Latest Discussions

Back