Help! Ironwood won’t connect to phone

Spoke with (I believe) an escalation Rep yesterday from headquarters, they confirmed they will be sending me a new controller with newer firmware, no other new information at this point. I'll update once I receive it install and attempt again.

I am calling back for an update this afternoon. Did you have to wait for them to call you back?

I am calling back for an update this afternoon. Did you have to wait for them to call you back?

The initial rep (one of them at least but was frontline - not from head office) suggested I write an email outlining all of my issues and that she would forward to head office for an escalation. This I did and she confirmed she had forwarded for me. I think one week later I received a call back from a rep from head office who was clearly more empowered. He is the one that confirmed they would (now) send me a controller.

We played phone tag a couple of times but each time he called me back probably within 45mins or so.

You have to be very persistent, I was told last Thursday that a replacement controller would be sent to me that Friday however it JUST shipped yesterday and that was because I called twice to get updates and sent multiple emails.

The initial rep (one of them at least but was frontline - not from head office) suggested I write an email outlining all of my issues and that she would forward to head office for an escalation. This I did and she confirmed she had forwarded for me. I think one week later I received a call back from a rep from head office who was clearly more empowered. He is the one that confirmed they would (now) send me a controller.

We played phone tag a couple of times but each time he called me back probably within 45mins or so.

Email followed by another phone call seemed to do the trick. I just got an email that they determined I need a new controller and that that it should ship in 24-48 hours. Crossing my fingers.

Email followed by another phone call seemed to do the trick. I just got an email that they determined I need a new controller and that that it should ship in 24-48 hours. Crossing my fingers.
Just an FYI you’ll get an email with tracking info when it ships, watch for that

My replacement controller arrived today. I was able to get it working without any issues (iPhone XS Max and latest version of the app) on the first try.

Some interesting notes however:
  1. Replacement controller was shipped with 01.00.11 firmware
  2. Original unit was numbered 63, replacement was 886
  3. The grill (about grill) information on the controller shows Ironwood 885 (unit is an ironwood 650)
  4. Firmware updated automatically sometime in past few hours to 01.01.04

Curious if anyone out there bought a 650 and had a working controller out of the box?

When I fired up my Ironwood 650 it came with the pro 575 firmware.

My replacement controller arrived today. I was able to get it working without any issues (iPhone XS Max and latest version of the app) on the first try.

3. The grill (about grill) information on the controller shows Ironwood 885 (unit is an ironwood 650)
Curious if anyone out there bought a 650 and had a working controller out of the box?

That is interesting. So its not the firmware version causing the issue. I am glad you got it worked out but I am also curious what the actual issue is. I still have not received a tracking number. They said it would ship from the warehouse in 24-48 hours so if I dont get anything today I will be calling back tonight 48 hours later. I really want to love this grill. I am putting out some amazing food with it but this support experience has left me with a bad taste. Smoked Fatty and swordfish with seared veggies.

Attachments

• IMG_1980.JPEG
    IMG_1980.JPEG
    164.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1979.JPEG
    IMG_1979.JPEG
    187.2 KB · Views: 58

Just got my shipping notice early today, so hopefully will have soon. Would you not think that the firmware version for the 885 would have differing algorithms for a larger size grill? For what is I assume a fairly large company the level of incompetency here is incredible...

Let us know any issues and glad you at least got it up and running no issues. Will hopefully report back on mine soon too.

Just got my shipping notice early today, so hopefully will have soon. Would you not think that the firmware version for the 885 would have differing algorithms for a larger size grill? For what is I assume a fairly large company the level of incompetency here is incredible...

Let us know any issues and glad you at least got it up and running no issues. Will hopefully report back on mine soon too.

I got my notification as well. It says shipped with UPS Mail Innovations and click to track. Of course the tracking does not work. LOL. At least I got an order number to follow up with.

I got my notification as well. It says shipped with UPS Mail Innovations and click to track. Of course the tracking does not work. LOL. At least I got an order number to follow up with.
Yes same experience here, the tracking page is not even functional. Some really surprising omissions with this company...

Contacted Traeger again and asked for the actual shipping number, it's not even been picked up yet! Current ETA is 8/9 - we'll see.

Contacted Traeger again and asked for the actual shipping number, it's not even been picked up yet! Current ETA is 8/9 - we'll see.

I went ahead and called as well. He didnt want to give me a tracking number for some reason and just told me its expected 8/9 so I had to be a little persistent. I finally got a number and entered it into google and got the same as you, USPS has not picked it up yet. I looked up UPS innovations and it seems to be a USPS/UPS partnership. So I entered the tracking number into UPS tracking and got detailed results of pickup, shipment, etc. https://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US

I went ahead and called as well. He didnt want to give me a tracking number for some reason and just told me its expected 8/9 so I had to be a little persistent. I finally got a number and entered it into google and got the same as you, USPS has not picked it up yet. I looked up UPS innovations and it seems to be a USPS/UPS partnership. So I entered the tracking number into UPS tracking and got some results https://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US
Let's just hope the new/replacement modules resolve the issue, enjoying the grill but still highly annoyed at the overall experience...

Latest Discussions

Back