Ironwood with folding shelf

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
Has anyone thought of a way to modify the side shelf on the Ironwood to make it foldable?

Problem with folding it is losing the load capacity and the drip can would not be protected (it may even get in the way). What would you really gain? I'm not criticising just asking. If it had been designed with a foldable shelf and the cover was cut to fit it that way, it would be a whole different deal.

I was actually thinking of a way it could fold up. I have a spot under my patio that would be perfect to keep this grill, but it doesn't fit with the shelf. If I removed the shelf or it folded up, it would fit perfect.

I bought these SS folding shelf brackets to make drink holder shelves for my hot tub. By the looks of the Ironwood these would be perfect. They come in different sizes so make sure you get ones that fit your application. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• B5FE63CC-58FD-4225-A618-5DF4645189EA.jpeg
    B5FE63CC-58FD-4225-A618-5DF4645189EA.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 119
Thanks for the tip! I might have to give those a shot, I think those brackets might just do the trick.

Cool. I think they will work well for you. I’m really pleased with how well they have held up on my hot tub shelves. Please be sure to post pictures of the finished product.

Latest Discussions

Back