Ironwood temp response from Traeger

CampWhatnot

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ironwood 650
I spoke to Traeger this afternoon and here is the reply they sent in response. I should have the new code downloaded within 24 hours.

Here is the information for the known issue for the Ironwood 650:
Ironwood 650 has Pro 575 Code on it
Known Issue Great News - We’ve solved this issue!
There was a batch of Ironwood 650 that were released with Pro 575 code. This will cause the grill to not run as hot and not perform properly.

Current code and config file for Ironwood.
Solution
Have customer connect the grill. You (the agent) send the UUID or Serial number to [email protected] and they will push updated code to the grill.

We have updated the serial number and UUID's in our system by telling our servers to push new code to those grills, but some could have been missed. Having the UUID or Serial Number will help us get them updated.
Customer Experience
Customer adds an Ironwood 650 to their phone and we push the update, the grill will be deleted from their phone. This is because the new Ironwood 650 has been updated to the grill and the Pro 575 code has been replaced.
Solution
  1. Have customer forget network on grill
  2. Go through pairing process again on the phone

Last edited:
Thanks for the update!! I'd be interested to know what firmware version they push out to solve this.

I will update tomorrow after work. They said up to 24 hours to update.

Still waiting. I was told it would happen again on Thursday but...
I have a feeling they are still working on it before they send it out.

That sucks. just assembled the 780 today and having the same issue. in the 300 range, off 50 deg. 400 range or higher 75deg off. im on hold with CS

230 and above is good.

So, contacted Traeger again this morning as I'm still waiting for an update. I was told again they haven't got to mine yet. New version apparently is going to be 01.01.012. I'm still at 01.01.00 which apparently is the pro 575 code.

Thanks for the update! I have yet to receive anything as well.

Hello CampWhatnot,
I have the Ironwood 650 with the firmware 01.01.00 is that not the good one. I live in the Netherlands my english is niet that good. How do I get the good firmware.
Thanks Reza.

Last edited:
Hello CampWhatnot,
I have the Ironwood 650 with the firmware 01.01.00 is that not the good one. I live in the Netherlands my english is niet that good. How do I get the good firmware.
Thanks Reza.

Hi Reza, welcome to the forum! You are correct, the newest version released is 01.01.00. We've been told a new version is coming out soon. Keep checking back here on the forum and we'll have it posted when it's released. To get the update the grill will just need to be turned on and connected to the internet.

Are you having problems with the grill?

I spoke to Traeger this afternoon and here is the reply they sent in response. I should have the new code downloaded within 24 hours.

Here is the information for the known issue for the Ironwood 650:
Ironwood 650 has Pro 575 Code on it
Known Issue Great News - We’ve solved this issue!
There was a batch of Ironwood 650 that were released with Pro 575 code. This will cause the grill to not run as hot and not perform properly.

Current code and config file for Ironwood.
Solution
Have customer connect the grill. You (the agent) send the UUID or Serial number to [email protected] and they will push updated code to the grill.

We have updated the serial number and UUID's in our system by telling our servers to push new code to those grills, but some could have been missed. Having the UUID or Serial Number will help us get them updated.
Customer Experience
Customer adds an Ironwood 650 to their phone and we push the update, the grill will be deleted from their phone. This is because the new Ironwood 650 has been updated to the grill and the Pro 575 code has been replaced.
Solution
  1. Have customer forget network on grill
  2. Go through pairing process again on the phone
Hi Reza, welcome to the forum! You are correct, the newest version released is 01.01.00. We've been told a new version is coming out soon. Keep checking back here on the forum and we'll have it posted when it's released. To get the update the grill will just need to be turned on and connected to the internet.

Hi thanks for the replay, i used it one time the seasoning was good and the first time used with food i started on 225 and after 45 min the grill was on 160 and get not higher. I crankt it up to 250 and it get higher then. I don't no if that's is a problem? I must wait for the next time. Sorry for my bad english ☺️

Any word when the new firmware will be out? I have an Ironwood 885 and am experiencing the same issues, see below.

When I set the grill to 225 it will stop around 200 but if I set the grill to 230 it will go up to around 250? The other issue is after the grill has been on for about 30 minutes the fan starts cycling on and off and the temperature drops by 30 degrees or more. I have tried several cooks so far and the behavior mentioned above is consistent. I am wondering if something is wrong with the grill or if the controller needs a firmware update to better calibrate the unit?

Any word when the new firmware will be out? I have an Ironwood 885 and am experiencing the same issues, see below.

When I set the grill to 225 it will stop around 200 but if I set the grill to 230 it will go up to around 250? The other issue is after the grill has been on for about 30 minutes the fan starts cycling on and off and the temperature drops by 30 degrees or more. I have tried several cooks so far and the behavior mentioned above is consistent. I am wondering if something is wrong with the grill or if the controller needs a firmware update to better calibrate the unit?

What version of firmware are you running? The new firmware is 01.01.01

I currently have the 01.01.01 software on my ironwood 650 and the thing still works extremely poorly imo. Smoking some mackerel right now set at 170 and running at 235 according the smoker and my calibrated thermometers are showing 245. The meat probe is a constant -25 off as well. Customer service is sending a new probe and said that +-25 set temp is normal which is bs IMO for what these things cost. I’m strongly regretting my decision to give Traeger a shot. Wish i could get my money back from them and just continue using my XL BGE

Back