Ironwood 885 - WiFi issues

scotty_t86

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Hi guys,

New here, just taken delivery of an ironwood 885 in the UK.

I’m having connectivity issues.

When pairing with my iPhone, it kept telling me my WiFi signal wasn’t good enough. I’ve now moved inside, next to the router.

It seems to have connected to the phone now (I can see my grill in the app), but it still has the green flashing WiFi image on the controller.

When I check firmware on controller it says it’s 02 00 03. On my app it says “00 00 00”.

Any ideas how I can get her set up correctly?

Thank you smokers!

You're probably aware of this, but in case not, the grill needs to connect to a 2.4ghz network (as opposed to the more common now 5.0ghz networks).

You're a step ahead of me, I cannot connect and am now waiting on a replacement controller as a hopeful resolution.

Where in the UK are you? I am from Portsmouth but now live in Atlanta, Georgia.

Good luck, grill cooks great!

You're probably aware of this, but in case not, the grill needs to connect to a 2.4ghz network (as opposed to the more common now 5.0ghz networks).

You're a step ahead of me, I cannot connect and am now waiting on a replacement controller as a hopeful resolution.

Where in the UK are you? I am from Portsmouth but now live in Atlanta, Georgia.

Good luck, grill cooks great!

Thanks for the swift reply!

I had checked I was connecting to the 2.4ghz network but it just wasn’t having it.

I went out for an hour, left it on and while I was picking up my first brisket from the butcher (excited) checked the app and it seemed to have connected.

All seems fine now and have just seasoned it at 500f for 45 mins ??

Another question though:

The app now tells me the firmware it’s running is 02.00.03. Is this the most recent/correct version?

Thanks for the swift reply!

I had checked I was connecting to the 2.4ghz network but it just wasn’t having it.

I went out for an hour, left it on and while I was picking up my first brisket from the butcher (excited) checked the app and it seemed to have connected.

All seems fine now and have just seasoned it at 500f for 45 mins ??

Another question though:

The app now tells me the firmware it’s running is 02.00.03. Is this the most recent/correct version?

Being EU (for now) you're on a different firmware (naming convention at least) from US, the official latest US firmware is 01.01.01. As you're connecting OK, you'll update probably within 24hrs if there is an update.

Back