Ironwood 885 Lid not sealing

Tdeklavs1

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Have any of you had an issue with the lid not sealing on any of the Traegers? Mine is brand new a few months ago and one side I can visually see all they way into the Traeger and the other side I can't. Is this an issue? How do fix?

Sounds like an issue, but mine seats perfectly on all edges. Check the hinges on top and ensure they are correctly mounted and screws tight. Its a pretty simple set up so if it isnt the hinges, it must be a bent barrel or door!

Search this site, its a very common issue. Mine included. LONG STORY SHORT, Lavalok on AMAZON will seal your lid.
If you contact Traeger about it, they will send you hinges and then a lid and then if you really push a whole barrel. I stopped at the lid. Bout lavalocks cheaper alternate, sealed perfectly.

Search this site, its a very common issue. Mine included. LONG STORY SHORT, Lavalok on AMAZON will seal your lid.
If you contact Traeger about it, they will send you hinges and then a lid and then if you really push a whole barrel. I stopped at the lid. Bout lavalocks cheaper alternate, sealed perfectly.
Which Lavalock did you get? There are a lot of sizes.

On my Timberline 1300 I noticed smoke escaping a little around the drum door near the handle area and to each side. When it cooled off after a smoke and I cleaned it, I noticed when i put the lower rack in it stuck out just a little. I had to really slide the lower rack back in past the last 'catch'.

Might want to check that.

I also used lava lock on my IW885 and have been very pleased with the results.

Back