Ironwood 885 Issues - Help!

I'm doing a 3 rib set of beef ribs now to kinda see if I can figure out best practice. Have a 25 lb pig for the fourth that I won't want to take all day. So I'm messing with things to see if that helps it figure itself out. At this point for the fourth I'm just going to set it at 225 and it'll likely stabilize at 215 and it'll just have to take longer. Thanks for the welcome @primeone. This is my current temp swings when doing 225-230 adjustment. The first dip is door opening. The second two upshots are the 5 degree increase. After that I flipped on supersmoke and have tried to let her settle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190629-084247.png
    Screenshot_20190629-084247.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 31
I've received a new controller but haven't replaced it yet. They have shipped a new fan, because last week I went from max temp to shutdown and it caught the pellets in my auger on fire. Which was cool. This is what my controller looks like. Normally it starts out just fine then deteriorates to this.

Attachments

• 20190626_151411.jpg
    20190626_151411.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 63
My 885 has been spot on for the most part after burning in.

Check out this graph from the MEATER probe in a brisket for an overnight cook. The Ironwood 885 was set on 210 and Super Smoke when I put the brisket on before heading to bed. I love this kind of info. :)

I replaced the controller today. At 225 it didn't want to go above 205. I took it to 230 it got there and stabilized like a champ. It is worth noting it is on firmware version 01.00.10 but I'm picking up a chuck roast currently to throw on to see if any temp issues arise.

My 885 has been spot on for the most part after burning in.

Check out this graph from the MEATER probe in a brisket for an overnight cook. The Ironwood 885 was set on 210 and Super Smoke when I put the brisket on before heading to bed. I love this kind of info. :)

View attachment 445
I really like the fireboard that I use. I'm such a sucker for all the data. The meater looks like a quality piece of equipment.

I really like the fireboard that I use. I'm such a sucker for all the data. The meater looks like a quality piece of equipment.

The MEATER looks great! Just ordered one a few days ago and can't wait to try it out. Hope to replace all the cables and such that the BBQ guru needs.

I'm thinking of ordering the meater block. Plenty of uses for it as well as the fireboard. Would be nice to have both available.

Lots of folks waited forever for the block. I just bought a few probes and they all connected to single iPod (which has wifi too) and that connects to the network so any tablet, smart phone or iPod can see the progress of the cook. It's been pretty cool and I've tried EVERY wireless thermometer and the MEATER is truly the only one that does both PIT and MEAT temp with no wires. Makes a huge difference with a rotisserie.

I'm a fan big time.

Lots of folks waited forever for the block. I just bought a few probes and they all connected to single iPod (which has wifi too) and that connects to the network so any tablet, smart phone or iPod can see the progress of the cook. It's been pretty cool and I've tried EVERY wireless thermometer and the MEATER is truly the only one that does both PIT and MEAT temp with no wires. Makes a huge difference with a rotisserie.

I'm a fan big time.
I'm glad. I made the purchase before the block increased in price. Waiting for it now, but happy about the purchase for sure. Still love my fireboard. Both have their uses.

650 here and i only noticed at 500 inside is 450, just noticed a firmaware change from 01.01.01 to 01.01.02 See if you get the firmware and if any changes happen. I returned my 575 pro last week fr the 650 and temps seem solid from 180 to 450 but 500 its 50 off but man its pipping hot!

Hello, I’m new to traeger and am having issues connecting to the app. The customer service person said my grill needed to update. I am supposed to turn it on and leave it in standby mode for 12h.

How does the grill get the update without being connected to wifi? Anyways, here is what I have done...

1. Plug the grill in
  2. Flip the red switch on the back

The controller is still off but the ring around the power button is lit up. Is this what they mean by standby mode? Should I connect my grill to my wifi and put it back in standby mode or just leave it the way it is not connected to wifi in standby mode.

Thanks.

Hello, I’m new to traeger and am having issues connecting to the app. The customer service person said my grill needed to update. I am supposed to turn it on and leave it in standby mode for 12h.

How does the grill get the update without being connected to wifi? Anyways, here is what I have done...

1. Plug the grill in
  2. Flip the red switch on the back

The controller is still off but the ring around the power button is lit up. Is this what they mean by standby mode? Should I connect my grill to my wifi and put it back in standby mode or just leave it the way it is not connected to wifi in standby mode.

Thanks.

Put it on Wifi and use it. It should update on its own.

Put it on Wifi and use it. It should update on its own.
Thanks, I’ve had it connected to wifi and on all morning. I just made sure it was still connected and put it in standby (ring around the button lit but the display off). It’s too late to grill what I had planned on today so I’m going to leave it until tomorrow and see what happens.

It updates very quickly once you are connected to wifi. Usually within 10 min.

Back