Ironwood 885 Drip Tray Warped?

Seed

Grill Master of the Month
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Anyone else's drip tray warped? Looks like the heat got to mine and it doesn't sit flush anymore due to a twist now. Sits high on opposite corners by about 2"

I've had my IW 885 for about 6 weeks and I'm not aware of any deformity thus far. Aside from the recommended seasoning I've done two HH cooks. Here is a screenshot from Traeger's FAQ section:

Oddly the heat baffle is perfect but the tray is warped. I'll email support. Thanks for that bfletcher.

Anyone else's drip tray warped? Looks like the heat got to mine and it doesn't sit flush anymore due to a twist now. Sits high on opposite corners by about 2"
I messed mine up to and tried to moose it back into shape without too much success. But it hasn't seemed to make too much of a difference to the outcome of my cooking exploits.

My drip tray on my Pro 34 warped the first time I cooked on it. Called customer support and they sent me a new one.

Mine warped the first week and so did the replacement they sent, but the quality of my BBQ items is unchanged so i stopped worrying about it...

My Ironwood drip tray has held up just fine but the one from my Junior warped. They replace them with no argument and if it's out of the 3 year warranty, they're very inexpensive, shipping included.

I have a timberline 1300 and the tray liner melted into the drip tray which also warped. I have also noticed that the paint has peeled off the drip tray system in front. Did you have any other troubles?

Mine is warped and rusty at 18 months. It also pools grease now in the back left corner rather than dripping in the grease tray and then into the bucket.

I messaged Traeger on FB about it. I'll report back what happens.

On my Timberline the Drip Tray is bent in the middle causing the grease to move to the sides and then down into the trough in the front. if this is not the way it is supposed to be let me know and I will get a hold of TCS...

Mine is warped and rusty at 18 months. It also pools grease now in the back left corner rather than dripping in the grease tray and then into the bucket.

I messaged Traeger on FB about it. I'll report back what happens.

Wow, I got a reply in under an hour on New Years day asking to confirm my phone & email and wanting my UUID for the Ironwood and that they would be shipping a new drip pan and will email me tracking when it ship.

Now that's customer service!

Messaging via FaceBook gets results pretty quick folks.

On my Timberline the Drip Tray is bent in the middle causing the grease to move to the sides and then down into the trough in the front. if this is not the way it is supposed to be let me know and I will get a hold of TCS...
Timberline's drip pan is designed that way, bow in the middle and tipped to the front, drippings go to the sides and then into the front channel.

My pan had foil melt on it and stick on the left side. I contacted support and they just sent me a new one. The new one is now made made of stainless which is great.

BTW, apparently the drip pans are not available for sale per the service rep.

Mine warped and ended up making a low spot where grease would eventually pool up and catch fire. This only happened with something like burgers at high heat (450 or so). I wish the liners would overlap the sides of the tray because it’s hard to cook a lot of burgers without some grease dripping down past the edge of the liner which then runs between the liner and tray. Traeger sent me a new drip tray though and no problems since.

My defector is warped on my Ironwood 885, not to the extreme youre talking about but it doesnt sit right. It sits high on the front right for me, its only about a half inch so it doesnt bother me any. I also only went up past 350 once for the burn in and now 350f to do the occasional bake, otherwise its normal temps is 165-250f.

I have the same issue. I need to contact them. Everything else is amazing.

Back