Ironwood 885 controller

Tichsia

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to buy my first pellet smoker and am looking at the Ironwood 885. I live in New Zealand and there's currently a deal ($700 worth of accessories free) but after having a look at the models in store, I noticed that the controller looks VERY different (attached) to the ones I can find online.

Does anyone know the differences between these controllers and the newer ones? The store mentioned that the only look (and obviously have different buttons) different but perform the same. I figured I'd check before purchasing.

The store did mention that the newer models/controllers are arriving end of next month, but the special will have ended by then. I can't seem to find any information about these controllers online (doesn't help that I don't know what they are called).

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• ironwood.png
    ironwood.png
    305.9 KB · Views: 34
Maybe contact Traeger directly. Here in Canada I have yet to ever see a controller like that.

What you posted is a Generation 1 Ironwood. I have a friend in Munich that almost bought one and I steered him to the Gen 2 with the D2 WiFi system. That's what you want. It needs to look like pics & vids of what we've been posting.

Seconding here - the D2 wifi is a game changer, don't overlook it.

I live in Australia and have an Ironwood with the same controller, it has D2 Wifire and the meat probe etc. I think the new generation controller has a couple of new features like probe calibration.

I have had no problems with temp functions or wifi and app connection that is reported on the new controllers, it has worked straight out of the box.

Back