Ironwood 885 “Downloading Files”

ChubbsBBQ

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
I got my 885 in March and finally got it connected to my WiFi and it has been “downloading files” for over a week now. Is this normal? I unplugged it and moved it to my living room closer to the router to help download faster for 3 days with no success. Probably wasn’t a good idea to turn it off while it was downloading. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2A14F015-4864-4598-803E-2BAAAC35AD1E.jpeg
    2A14F015-4864-4598-803E-2BAAAC35AD1E.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 72
That happened to mine when the large update came through a bricked everyone’s grills. I turned it off, unplugged and let sit for 10 minutes before powering up again. Only took a few minutes after doing so.

That happened to mine when the large update came through a bricked everyone’s grills. I turned it off, unplugged and let sit for 10 minutes before powering up again. Only took a few minutes after doing so.
I’ll give it a try. I’ll let you know. Thanks.

It didn’t work so I finally decided to call Traeger. They are sending me a new D2 controller. I probably fried it when it got interrupted. Thanks for the help.

I got my 885 in March and finally got it connected to my WiFi and it has been “downloading files” for over a week now. Is this normal? I unplugged it and moved it to my living room closer to the router to help download faster for 3 days with no success. Probably wasn’t a good idea to turn it off while it was downloading. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

From my experience, with two different 650’s in the last month and a half, and quoting a Traeger tech it should take 6-24 hours to update. And at some point in the process the update can burn out the controller. With Traeger on the phone and telling me what to do step by step we have determined that the controller in my second grill has done the same thing that the first one did. That is the update caused the controller to burn out. So I now have two grills that are DOA. From my research this is a known problem, so you have to ask yourself why keep shipping grills with known issues. Solve the problem. If I knew what I know now with the Wi-Fi problem and the controller problem I would have never invested my money in a Traeger. If you are thinking of buying, do your do diligence before you buy.

I’ve also got two 650s and both connected to WiFi and updated no problem. Probably a single strength issue trying these in the middle of the download. But agreed they should do something to fix these or update them before shipping out.

From my experience, with two different 650’s in the last month and a half, and quoting a Traeger tech it should take 6-24 hours to update. And at some point in the process the update can burn out the controller. With Traeger on the phone and telling me what to do step by step we have determined that the controller in my second grill has done the same thing that the first one did. That is the update caused the controller to burn out. So I now have two grills that are DOA. From my research this is a known problem, so you have to ask yourself why keep shipping grills with known issues. Solve the problem. If I knew what I know now with the Wi-Fi problem and the controller problem I would have never invested my money in a Traeger. If you are thinking of buying, do your do diligence before you buy.
Just got off the phone with Traeger, an entire new grill on the way. I’m told that it will be tested and updated before it leaves the warehouse. Thank you to all at Traeger that made this happen. I eagerly await the arrival and finally get down to smoking.

Back