Help! Ironwood 650 Fan Whine Noise

I will add this, when I first went into the fan bay I noticed a lot of fine pellet dust, odd!
I cleaned up the area and wondered how it got there. My first thoughts were that this would be bad for the fan and even the auger motors over time. I decided to empty and vacuum the hopper and look for any openings.

I looked close and it looked like they seal pretty good around the auger area but I did see some spots that looked like possible leaks. I took clear silicone and rubbed it into any suspect cracks and voids. Then I wiped away all excess. There should be no wood dust sifting into this bay!

Just my two cents!

If you can swap it out, DO IT. They’ll send you parts over and over until you rip your hair out. Untimely you’ll need to ask for an entire Hopper Assembly Kit replacement (entire right side of grill). If you aren’t able to exchange it, call and start the process and order these in the meantime. Anti-Vibration Silicon Fan Gasket... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07147CSLS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Please share your results if you get the gaskets, it quieted mine perfectly
I ordered these, and will let you know. Any thoughts about warranty issues? I assume that these are press-stick on little gaskets, so shouldn't matter much

The gasket screws between the fan and the grill. The screws on mine were just barely long enough to work with the rubber gasket installed. The sound difference on mine was minimal but it's not very loud.

I just got my Ironwood 650 and the fan is insanely loud with this really high pitch whine, I was in the middle of pulled pork when it happened and I finally lost my mind and started to investigate what was going on. Right when I removed the bottom hopper shield the noise stopped, but the second I put it back the noise came back. Nothing is touching the fan, but the cover does restrict causing the fan to work harder resulting in the noise. I did contact Traeger and they are sending a new fan and bottom cover, but has anyone else ran into this and found a solution?

Bottom Cover Noise Video:

Hand Near Fan Video:
I had same problem with Pro 575. I removed the bottom cover and the sound went away. Might just leave the cover off or replace with a more open screen.

Latest Discussions

Back