Internal Pit Probe Question

CMTiger

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro 575 / Weber Genesis / Weber 28” Griddle / Orion Cooker
So is my internal probe busted already? I never really paid any attention to what it really looked like before I started using.

Attachments

• CAA63F64-14C9-4438-B4CB-F1B690BF6D90.jpeg
    CAA63F64-14C9-4438-B4CB-F1B690BF6D90.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 113
It looks damaged. How have your temps been. The location is not ideal since they have no protection for it. Contact Customer Support via FaceBook and send them a pic via direct message.

They’ve been steady......or were last I cooked. I just got back from the beach so it’s been awhile.

I do t have Facebook but I guess maybe I can create an account just for this

I used my wife's account to communicate with Trager CS. LOL.

It's good that it's been steady, but without another source like a Fireboard you don't really know what the pit temp is. They are notoriously off by 30-40 degrees.

So is my internal probe busted already? I never really paid any attention to what it really looked like before I started using.

Tiger, we have like 5 threads on broken probes and what they are supposed to look like, and even the stuff to buy when they break... BTW, for a lousy $25 I picked up a spare, just sitting waiting for that day!!!

Call Traeger. From what I know from being on the forum, that is damaged. BUT this is the 2nd I’ve seen that looks like your pic, so this COULD be what the NEWER rtd s look like.

BRAND NEW, right out of the box

20210710_193508.jpg

20210710_193636.jpg

Cropped and enhanced:

20210710_193636.png

There ya go……..

Every time I see one of these posts, I'm reminded why Timmy's solution to locating the FireBoard ambient probe is such a brilliant idea. Not only does it co-locate the probe next to the Traeger probe, but it nicely protects it from these accidents. I think this should be strongly recommended for all of us newbies.
20201010_072722.jpg

PSA - Traeger has a text to chat option with a rep. Really helpful so that I don't have to sit on hold forever.

They're shipping me a replacement. Estimated 5-7 business days for delivery

Every time I see one of these posts, I'm reminded why Timmy's solution to locating the FireBoard ambient probe is such a brilliant idea. Not only does it co-locate the probe next to the Traeger probe, but it nicely protects it from these accidents. I think this should be strongly recommended for all of us newbies.View attachment 6390
I recall seeing this. I finally located some stainless strap. The probe screws are frozen solid so does anyone know if it's okay to use self tapping screws on the Ironwood to hold the strap in place?

20210222_154022.jpg

Will simple mods like this void the warranty (or at least cause customer support to give you grief)? I have a short list of things I'd like to do once my grill shows up, but I don't want to cause trouble for myself if I need to get support from Traeger.

Will simple mods like this void the warranty (or at least cause customer support to give you grief)? I have a short list of things I'd like to do once my grill shows up, but I don't want to cause trouble for myself if I need to get support from Traeger.

From my read of the warranty it’s pretty loose so they can give you the run around on lots of stuff like improper operation, unauthorized products, etc. But my take has always been “if my mod wasn’t the cause of failure then you (manufacturer) are on the hook”. If you haven’t already, look up the paint peeling threads.

Latest Discussions

Back