Induction fan not spinning after replaced

PerktDC

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton
My wife went to start up the grill and noticed it wasn't sounding like it usually does. After a brief look at what was going on it was clear the induction fan wasn't spinning. I replaced it but the new fan doesn't spin up either. All the other electrical looks find, however the fan doesn't respond to the grill being set to smoke (or any other temp setting for that matter).

Any insight on what the issue may be? I was on hold with customer service for about 15 minutes but had to hang up as my brief break at the office was expiring.

If you are talking about the older style setup... If it's the new D2, I have not looked at them

Make sure fan is plugged in
Could be a bad replacement fan
Could be a bad wire to the controller
Could be the controller has a problem

If you are talking about the older style setup... If it's the new D2, I have not looked at them

Make sure fan is plugged in
Could be a bad replacement fan
Could be a bad wire to the controller
Could be the controller has a problem

The grill is about 5 years old, so I'm guessing it is the older style setup.

I will try customer support tomorrow and see about troubleshooting the connections, as I'm guessing if the controller was the issue I'd see failure beyond just the induction fan.

If anyone else runs in to this issue...

Tech support had me swap the connector from the induction fan to the augar connector from the controller. The new fan started up, the auger (connected to the induction fan connection from the controller) didn't move.

New controller on the way.

Latest Discussions

Back