In need of new auger motor?

david77

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Long story short, I've had a hell of a time with a used Traeger Texas Elite I bought used for $500. Crazy temp fluctuations, some flare ups, etc. I systematically went through and replaced the RTD sensor (probably needed as old one was rough looking), hot rod (probably not necessary but I was troubleshooting), and controller (maybe a good idea as temp swings หมวกกันน็อค are less severe overall after replacing). NOW I have an issue that could be the auger motor. If I change ANY P Setting... bad news. Even P3 will often cause my fire to go out, so I learned my lesson there. Cooking a brisket today and I can hear what I think is the motor struggling. There's a "popping" sound as it turns, like its having problems pushing/breaking up pellets as they are fed into the firepot. Looked underneath and fan is spinning fine, and I can hear the motor working "normally". However, the intolerance for even a mild P Setting adjustment and weird noise/feed issues lead to me think motor is failing.
To answer some basics: I am using new Traeger brand pellets and my fuel has not gotten wet or damaged in any way. I also never let my hopper get close to empty during a cook.

Last edited:
Back