I'm done changing out pellets

@GrillMeister agree. I think I did a one time swap during the first week of purchase but nothing since. I just use the Pit boss mix blend.

I'm with you, I haven't used my pellet door since 1 week after buying this... I put in a hick/mesq mix of PitBoss, I'm about to run out, I'll probably buy the B&B and maybe a few Bear Mountain and go from there...
I use my 'fruit' mixes in my tubes and I get GREAT flavor results.

(so easy to buy from Academy online and have them bring it to your vehicle)
Where can I get these pellets? I live in the SW

I just use the Traeger gourmet blend for everything because it keeps showing up for sale at Costco more often than I need to buy them.

who can't get over 350-375 with pit boss?

let me dispel that myth for you.

my 575 does it, often. like every time i do veggies and taters.

I'm done changing out pellets for the most part anymore. I use B&B's Championship Pellet blend that I can buy at Academy or Buc-ee's for $14.99/40lbs.

I still will fill a smoke tube with either Hickory or Mesquite pellets to provide stronger smoke for pork or beef, but no more swapping pellets for different smoke flavor.

I’m new to the Traeger but not smoking. For years I’ve used a mixture of Hickory, Mesquite and Pecan. I buy Traeger pellets and mix them myself. When I use the smoking tube, I fill it with Hickory.

Has anyone tried the Weber pellets?

Yes, I have about 8 bags right now. Found them 50% off at Lowes a few weeks ago. So far I've had good results.

Yes, I have about 8 bags right now. Found them 50% off at Lowes a few weeks ago. So far I've had good results.

Good to see I’m not the only one. I like the grill master flavor.

Our local RP Lumber had Bear Mountain on sale for $8.99 for 20 lb a couple of weeks ago.

I'm done changing out pellets for the most part anymore. I use B&B's Championship Pellet blend that I can buy at Academy or Buc-ee's for $14.99/40lbs.

I still will fill a smoke tube with either Hickory or Mesquite pellets to provide stronger smoke for pork or beef, but no more swapping pellets for different smoke flavor.

So I am new to smoking. Am I suppose to empty the hopper after every cook? I was told NOT to leave pellets in the hopper while not in use???

So I am new to smoking. Am I suppose to empty the hopper after every cook? I was told NOT to leave pellets in the hopper while not in use???
I never do, seams like a lot of unnecessary work to me, I use my grill 2-3 x per week. Just keep the hopper dry, thats the key. Lumberjack pellets seam to work the best for me.

I keep my pellets in my grill but I store it inside my garage. If you kept it outside and they were exposed to a lot of moisture it could be a problem, but inside my garage I can't see any difference between sitting in the hopper or in the bag.

I keep my pellets in my grill but I store it inside my garage. If you kept it outside and they were exposed to a lot of moisture it could be a problem, but inside my garage I can't see any difference between sitting in the hopper or in the bag.
I keep it outside, under a cover. I never change pellets but just add as needed. Pellets add zero flavor unless they are in pellet tube smoking. That flavor is the same no matter what pellet your use. You can smell a difference but the meat will taste the same.

I keep it outside, under a cover. I never change pellets but just add as needed. Pellets add zero flavor unless they are in pellet tube smoking. That flavor is the same no matter what pellet your use. You can smell a difference but the meat will taste the same.
In regards to the smoke tubes. I would think tubes would add way to much of a “harsh” Smokey flavor. The heavy smoke that rolls out of them and hours at a time seems overwhelming. I mean can you get to much smoke to where the meat doesn’t taste right?

Latest Discussions

Back