Ignition button

Gary

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
When pressing my ignite button I have to hold it for 20 to 30 seconds before it will ignite. Sometimes I have to do this several times. I can't feel the little bump where you would think it should be.
Once it finally ignites all is good.
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

sbcrockett

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 620
my one gripe about the controller is that ignite contact switch. I really don't like that style and fear that the vinyl will one day crack. I'd much prefer a mechanical engagement, like the temp adjust/confirm knob.

all I can suggest is that you try pressing less hard and always in the center of the red "button" I never have to press more than 2 seconds to get it to ignite. maybe try using a knuckle instead of a fingertip to press?

OP
OP
Gary

Gary

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Thanks Yes I have tried all of those things.
Agreed its a design flaw and I know its going to fail sooner than later.
Sad part is it's a new controller with all the updates!!!!

Cuse22183

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
When pressing my ignite button I have to hold it for 20 to 30 seconds before it will ignite. Sometimes I have to do this several times. I can't feel the little bump where you would think it should be.
Once it finally ignites all is good.
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.
Did someone reply with an answer to this? I am FREQUENTLY having this problem as well as an auger jam problem. I have to just walk away and try again later but typically ruins my grilling plan for that day! I don’t think I’ll call customer service again either, can’t deal with their condescending tone and attitude.

GrillMeister

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22, BGEx2, GMG Davey Crockett
I get great response with Traeger support via their Facebook page. Messaged them about my warped drip pan on News Years day, and got a polite response within an hour. The new drip pan arrives on Monday. Give that a try.

Cuse22183

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I get great response with Traeger support via their Facebook page. Messaged them about my warped drip pan on News Years day, and got a polite response within an hour. The new drip pan arrives on Monday. Give that a try.
I got off fb about 10 years ago, dang it...