I Can't Recommend MEATER Block

Does anyone that has the Meater plus wish they had gotten the block or vice versa? I guess what I am asking is, do the majority of you use more than one probe while cooking multiple meats at the same time such as steaks; or do you just use one probe and when it shows a certain temperature pull all of the meat off at the same time?
I do wish I had the block instead since individual pieces of meat cook at various times, Say I’m cooking 4 pieces of chicken I usually put my meater+ in the chicken that is average in size and use my thermapen to check the rest. It’s still nice to use the meater+ as a guide To when I need to check the other chicken pieces

Thanks for the great information! I went ahead and ordered the Meater block this afternoon. It should get here Friday! Hopefully it works as good as advertised!

Thanks for the great information! I went ahead and ordered the Meater block this afternoon. It should get here Friday! Hopefully it works as good as advertised!
In case you plan to use it Friday night, be aware the probes are not charged with it come and they said 8hrs to charge them fully.

Ok thanks. I am supposed be be getting a Thermoworks MK4 too, so hopefully that will work straight out of the box.

In case you plan to use it Friday night, be aware the probes are not charged with it come and they said 8hrs to charge them fully.

So I received my Meater block today. Took it out of the box and read the instructions inside. I assume the batteries are used to charge the probes (which I’m doing for 8 hours), but I’m confused what the micro usb is for? Does that charge the screen/computer on the block? I can’t find any information about it. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

So I received my Meater block today. Took it out of the box and read the instructions inside. I assume the batteries are used to charge the probes (which I’m doing for 8 hours), but I’m confused what the micro usb is for? Does that charge the screen/computer on the block? I can’t find any information about it. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

You can use the micro USB to power the block for really long cooks or the batteries. Basically the usb works just like the batteries.

You can use the micro USB to power the block for really long cooks or the batteries. Basically the usb works just like the batteries.

Ok, so I can plug it in to charge probes and save on my batteries?

Ok, so I can plug it in to charge probes and save on my batteries?
No, plugging it in does not charge the batteries, only powers the block. Think I read that somewhere in the paperwork. Honestly, kind of a design flaw in my opinion.

No, plugging it in does not charge the batteries, only powers the block. Think I read that somewhere in the paperwork. Honestly, kind of a design flaw in my opinion.
Ok, thanks for your input. I really appreciate it! Thanks again!

... but I’m confused what the micro usb is for?

Meater's documentation is fragmented; I wish there were a pdf guide that contained all of the detail. Here's a screenshot from their faq section. Note that the probes can be charged by usb power (though I haven't used that method, yet):

Meater's documentation is fragmented; I wish there were a pdf guide that contained all of the detail. Here's a screenshot from their faq section. Note that the probes can be charged by usb power (though I haven't used that method, yet):

Thanks for the information! I appreciate it!

Latest Discussions

Back