I cannot connect via Wifire. I have tried everything already. Now what?

I quit last night after fighting WiFire for an hour and then reading the horror stories over the last couple of weeks, New Pro 575 wouldn't connect last night with iOS or Android. Went through the whole process but after naming my smoker, went back to the WiFire start page. Deleted the app and gave up. Saw that there was a new app as of early this morning and downloaded it. Went through the process and it worked with the iPhone the first attempt. I saw "downloading software" on the screen for about 20 seconds during the connection/re-connect to the wi-fi. Named the smoker something different than the 28 other times and it worked, There is hope...

Hang in there, they really improved the software two weeks ago but unfortunately screwed up the rollout with a connectivity bug as well.
Questions for you,
1- is your grill connected to your WiFi, powered on and go into the WiFi menu to see if it shows connected to your network.
2- check the "About" screen to see what firmware version you are on.

They just released a new version of the app for iOS last night that is supposed to help with connectivity but you need to verify that the grill is connected to your network. The grill logs onto to your network anytime the main power switch is on, even with the display off. They suggest leaving the grill in this standby mode for a few days to ensure that the grill automatically updates itself to the most recent software version.

Good luck, report back!
It shows firmware 2.0. I was finally able to get into my app by resetting my password AGAIN. It shows the grill connected to the network with a good connection but no matter what I do I can't get it to go "online". I fired up the grill hoping that would wake up the wifire, but no. The grill will fire up but won't connect to the app even though it shows a good wifi connection. Frustration reigns supreme!

Thank you for helping!

It shows firmware 2.0. I was finally able to get into my app by resetting my password AGAIN. It shows the grill connected to the network with a good connection but no matter what I do I can't get it to go "online". I fired up the grill hoping that would wake up the wifire, but no. The grill will fire up but won't connect to the app even though it shows a good wifi connection. Frustration reigns supreme!

Thank you for helping!
What version of the app are you running??

Its seems you have everything setup right...If no power to grill mine shows offline...Im stumped at this point!!!
Yep, me too. Thanks for all your help, though. One thing I did notice is that there is a password listed in the menu display of the Traeger that is different from my password to here and the app. Does that have any bearing that you know of?

Yep, me too. Thanks for all your help, though. One thing I did notice is that there is a password listed in the menu display of the Traeger that is different from my password to here and the app. Does that have any bearing that you know of?
Ill check mine and see...will hit ya back when I find out

The password listed in the Wireless settings, is the password to the grill's built in WiFi Access Point. The WiFi SSID and password are also encoded in the QR code, if you use that. These are only used for the initial setup for your phone to connect to it to configure it for your own WiFi network. Once the grill is configured to connect to your WiFi network, it switches from being an Access Point (AP), to a wireless client.

All I keep getting is Error provisioning. It was working just fine before this update. Unbelievable.

The password listed in the Wireless settings, is the password to the grill's built in WiFi Access Point. The WiFi SSID and password are also encoded in the QR code, if you use that. These are only used for the initial setup for your phone to connect to it to configure it for your own WiFi network. Once the grill is configured to connect to your WiFi network, it switches from being an Access Point (AP), to a wireless client.
Thanks for the insight. It should be working, but............I fire up the app, get a green connecting message, then a red not connected message. I've tried everything I can think of. And the app shows a good connection. I'm frustrated and really disappointed. Before all this update crap I was online and doing fine. Now I've had to change my password several times and and can't use the wifire. I certainly can't recommend Traeger to my friends.

Thanks for the insight. It should be working, but............I fire up the app, get a green connecting message, then a red not connected message. I've tried everything I can think of. And the app shows a good connection. I'm frustrated and really disappointed. Before all this update crap I was online and doing fine. Now I've had to change my password several times and and can't use the wifire. I certainly can't recommend Traeger to my friends.
Traeger released their WiFire troubleshooting wizard today. You might give it a shot. I only took a brief look at it, so I can't offer a good opinion on it.

Traeger released their WiFire troubleshooting wizard today. You might give it a shot. I only took a brief look at it, so I can't offer a good opinion on it.

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a look see.

It's a total joke!!! doesn't fix anything!! My 11 year old could of created an interactive website and then lead you to a form to fill out

So, in looking at the the Troubleshooting Wizard all it says is, "Yeah, we know and we're working on it." My issue is that I've got all of the updates and current versions that they said they were going to get to us. But still nothing connects. And we're at the end of the week of Feb 3rd which is what they said things would be working. I also sent them an email sometime back and never received the courtesy of a response. I'm truly disappointed in Traeger.

Maybe I shouldn't talk and jinx myself but I find it really puzzling that mine works and others don't.

Latest Discussions

Back