I cannot connect via Wifire. I have tried everything already. Now what?

Jeremy Chrisman

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I cannot connect to my grill. Anyone else having this issue? I am on hold with Treager right now. When I called, it says to put the grill in standby mode for 24 hours. But I have no idea what standby mode is. So...I am call #23. Talk about frustrating. I cannot even wait for a call back since I am calling from Germany. Ugh.

Really Treager? WTF?

I had similar problem. New 850 last week, could never get past naming the grill in the app. But it would set the grill to my wifi. Which i would promptly delete and try again.

Today i called the support number, got the message about an update. So i went through the process again, but this time did not delete the wifi settings after the app failed to connect. Sure enough, a couple hours later my grill updated. I deleted the wifi settings again, redid the pairing process, and things are working finally.

I got the new update about a week ago. By doing so I had to delete app and remove grill and re-install app and re-pair phone to grill. I then shut power to grill then switched back on and it worked. Hope this helps!!!

It seems that people are having a variety of issues with the latest update so you are not alone. But that doesn't help you out any. I can't help either, mine updated and works but the temp issue has never been resolved, mine shows 20-30 F higher than what it is and they've changed both the thermocoupler and the controller.

I cannot even get mine to connect to our Wifi at all. I have tried the app instructions several times. Traeger customer service has been no help over the past couple weeks.

Does the app on your phone always swap from your home Wifi over to connect to the grill's Wifi after you scan the QR code and then tries to switch/ connect back to your home Wifi? After I scan the QR code and my phone connects to the Traeger wifi, it never gets to the home wifi.

I cannot even get mine to connect to our Wifi at all. I have tried the app instructions several times. Traeger customer service has been no help over the past couple weeks.

Does the app on your phone always swap from your home Wifi over to connect to the grill's Wifi after you scan the QR code and then tries to switch/ connect back to your home Wifi? After I scan the QR code and my phone connects to the Traeger wifi, it never gets to the home wifi.

You'll likely need to follow the steps in this comment on another thread about the same issue: https://www.traegerforum.com/threads/failed-to-download-certificate-files.782/page-7#post-5408

I am so frustrated with Traeger I wish I had never bought it. I've had to change my password to access the web site but nothing works to let me access the wifire on the unit. And of course there's no online help at all, you have to call and stand in line behind at least 25-50 other people. Worst product I've ever encountered for service. One day I was connected, the next day I don't exist. And I specifically bought it for the wifire. What a joke!

I am so frustrated with Traeger I wish I had never bought it. I've had to change my password to access the web site but nothing works to let me access the wifire on the unit. And of course there's no online help at all, you have to call and stand in line behind at least 25-50 other people. Worst product I've ever encountered for service. One day I was connected, the next day I don't exist. And I specifically bought it for the wifire. What a joke!

Hang in there, they really improved the software two weeks ago but unfortunately screwed up the rollout with a connectivity bug as well.
Questions for you,
1- is your grill connected to your WiFi, powered on and go into the WiFi menu to see if it shows connected to your network.
2- check the "About" screen to see what firmware version you are on.

They just released a new version of the app for iOS last night that is supposed to help with connectivity but you need to verify that the grill is connected to your network. The grill logs onto to your network anytime the main power switch is on, even with the display off. They suggest leaving the grill in this standby mode for a few days to ensure that the grill automatically updates itself to the most recent software version.

Good luck, report back!

I've had my Pro 575 since two days before Thanksgiving. I've yet to be able to connect to WiFire business. I've had detectives from the local sheriff's office cyber crimes unit to give it a try. No luck. I had an IT guy from my wife's employer try to make it work. No luck. Both of my children have also been involved, but to no avail. I've just gotten fed up with the thing and so it sits in the corner of the garage, unused and spotless. I have to confess the seasoning drill went off without a hitch and I felt fairly good about that. So to date, having no interest in the wonderful world of Traeger, my old trusty Weber Kettle is still a well used device. Currently I've made it known to friends that my Traeger can be theirs at a bargain price.

Last edited:
Make sure you have the latest traeger wifire app Ver. 1.4.1(6) and grill firmware V02.00.00
Network needs to be 2G not 5G wifi

I've had my Pro 575 since two days before Thanksgiving. I've yet to be able to connect to WiFire business. I've had detectives from the local sheriff's office cyber crimes unit to give it a try. No luck. I had an IT guy from my wife's employer try to make it work. No luck. Both of my children have also been involved, but to no avail. I've just gotten fed up with the thing and so it sits in the corner of the garage, unused and spotless. I have to confess the seasoning drill went off without a hitch and I felt fairly good about that. So to date, having no interest in the wonderful world of Traeger, my old trusty Weber Kettle is still a well used device. Currently I've made it known to friends that my Traeger can be theirs at a bargain price.
What's the location? What's the bargain price?

I cannot connect to my grill. Anyone else having this issue? I am on hold with Treager right now. When I called, it says to put the grill in standby mode for 24 hours. But I have no idea what standby mode is. So...I am call #23. Talk about frustrating. I cannot even wait for a call back since I am calling from Germany. Ugh.

Really Treager? WTF?
Hate to tell you but I have been fighting this issue for 7 MONTHS! Same situation, call, call, call. Expert after expert....... Nada. I have been waiting 2 weeks for a promised call and visit from a traeger tech. Nada. I am thinking it is time to establish a class action suit, as they seem to not give a damn.

I had connectivity problems with mine a while back and could not get it resolved. I unplugged the grill for about a week. Deleted the app, cleared the network from the grill and started over. Voila, it connected and has been working since.

Latest Discussions

Back