Howdy from SC...

danbrew

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
Just had my 1300 delivered today. My wife asked me this morning what I wanted for Father’s Day and, um, I looked at my watch and said, “um, well, your gift to me should be delivered sometime this morning...”

Setup was a breeze and I’m seasoning it now and am kicking around what my first cook is gonna be. Maybe a brisket, maybe some ribs. Won’t actually be cooking until tomorrow. Can wait.

My wife is a pretty good sport.

:)

8D6D9724-7718-4BA4-A8FF-C8101B2F1252.jpeg

17C94C29-0F45-45C7-882B-92F2F23B66E4.jpeg

Nice grill! I would suggest to give your an extra hour so you can see how the temperature adds up for you. My first cook was 2 sitting chickens.

Congratulations on your T1300, I have found it to be a Great Grill... You will need to do a temp reference chart Traeger vs something like Fireboard. additionally I have a 30-50 Degree gradient right to left.
Also take a look at RemE's Timberline insulation project on the Forum, I did it and last week the Grill was at 450 and the lid was at 96. it also causes you to burn fewer pellets'...

Uh....War Eagle! Lol

Lol, pretty sure it goes War Damn Eagle. I’m one of four children. All of my siblings had two children, and I had two children. My kids are the youngest (as am I). All six of the other cousins went to Auburn. My oldest wanted an SEC school, sorority life, and a southern school. We went to visit Auburn and some of the cousins were still students there. They facilitated a great tour.

And I said to my daughter, “well, you know, we’re in Alabama - we should go visit that other school...” We drive over to Tuscaloosa and it was love at first sight for my daughter. I was pretty impressed too. Alabama does it right, that’s for sure. My daughter graduated from Alabama with a 4.0 last year and my son is a rising junior this fall. Also a 4.0 student. Thank God they both took after their mom! The best part? Alabama is one of the few schools that has a super generous academic scholarship policy. If the kid has the high school GPA and does well on the ACT/SAT, they get a free ride. My daughter received a 3/4 ride and my son received a full ride. All because they’re smart. Thank the Lord they took after mom.

So, yeah, although Thanksgiving sure is interesting at our house when the cousins all get together, we all just love Alabama. Considering that the University of Alabama saved me something on the order of 450,000$? Yeah, I’d wear a dress with a big letter A on it if they sent me one!

Roll Tide.

coollogo_com-18703105.gif

Nice Grill Dan, YES, I wish I had the room and the family for that size myself. I'm expecting to see some good grillin soon...
Nice move on the FireBoard too...
eat.gif

Yep, got a fireboard that I’m gonna use. :)
Nice. I get mine tomorrow. Can't wait to put it to the rest although it might have to wait for me. Wifey wants me to take a break from my grill...

Welcome to the forum and Traeger family @danbrew ! That looks like my grilling setup except I have the Ironwood!

Welcome to the forum!!

Back