How long does firmware update take?

Arron1970

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Hi Guys

Setting up my new Pro 780 grill today and whilst it was seasoning I thought id get the wifi set up - all seemed to be going ok and the grill connected to my wifi and is showing as applying updates.

I lost connection to my phone when I walked away from the grill but the grill still shows as connected to wifi and applying upgrades. All good so far?

However it has now sat in 'applying updates' for about 30 mins - my grill has finished seasoning and I assume turning it off would be a bad idea as it will kill the updating and could brick my grill!

How long does it typically take for firmware updates to apply? Hoping not too long as currently burning pellets for the hell of it! Though have put it into keep warm mode to minimise.

Clearly my own fault for trying to do too many things at once - think the excitement of a new grill got to me!

But it would be really good to get an idea of how long the firmware updates should take to apply if anyone knows?

Cheers

Arron

I dont know how big the update is, so probably this has also something to do with your internet connection speed, but i doubt it should last longer than half an hour.

Just sorted it but with some intervention - I took a risk and put it into a shutdown cycle - at the end of the 15 mins cycle it displayed a message saying do not turn off, applying updates, after a few second it rebooted and the software was updated fine. I am now connected to wifi and phone with no issues and the 2.00.01 firmware running. I think the fact the grill was on was the problem stopping it complete. Moral of the story is I guess don't have the grill running or seasoning while you try and do an update to an initial update to firmware - Phew!

Thanks for your input and help (y)

Latest Discussions

Back