How Long Do You Keep Ribs Before Cooking

BobbyQ

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650, Cuisinart Flat Top, Weber Genisis
Any advice welcome.

I just bought a couple racks of St Louis Ribs packed in vac packs. I plan to cook next Saturday. Would you freeze them or keep cold in the coldest spot in the fridge? Sell by date is 7/28. A little hard to believe.
Thanks

I've gone over a week of the sell by date without freezing if it is cryovac packed. Coldest spot in the fridge is good too.

I've gone over a week of the sell by date without freezing if it is cryovac packed. Coldest spot in the fridge is good too.
Good to know.
Thanks

The Cryovac packaging is thick plastic. Air is removed from the package before sealing. Without oxygen, meat will last a lot longer.

If you have any concerns about food safety, you can always put it in the freezer for a few days and then put it in the fridge to thaw a few days before your planned cook. While aging beef can improve the quality of the meat, aging pork does not. The exception is a dry salt cured ham. Those can be stored in a cool dry place for a long time. However, most hams these days are either brine cured or sugar cured and won't keep unless frozen.

They came out great!

Back