how is availability of brisket in your area?

We had luck with Costco last winter into spring. We stocked up a bit, I think we bought 6 of them. Now we control our own supply. We have a couple in the freezer that came from beef we raised since spring and butchered this fall. I'm not sure the rest of you want to go through that much trouble! :)

Last edited:
Here in Phoenix AZ area, the Costco selection of brisket is very poor these last few weeks.
- there is rarely a packer on the shelf
- only flats
- no Prime selection, only the regular quality, which really is quite below the Prime Costco brand fat content. The taste and thickness of the flat is inferior for sure.

The meat dept folks are telling me they have no clue when packers and/or Prime quality are going to come in.
I've observed this as a worsening trend.

Six months ago, there was plenty of selection.
We have a US Chef Store (restaurant supply that sells to anyone). They have fantastic meat selection
including prime Angus brisket. Can get a smaller cut than COSTCO at a competative price. Delicious! Maybe you have a restaurant supply store near by. . . ..

I just started checking out prices/availability last week when I got my new Traeger, taking pics of labels to keep as reference.

Costco, Seattle WA area:
IMG_8957.jpg

Brisket (choice) is about $5.29/lb from Restaurant Depot for me.

So far I'm impressed with speed of delivery and the packing of solid frozen sweet looking brisket

20211203_141834.jpg

Also picked up another HAM, 11lbs for only $16, all other local grocers are selling 9lbs for $33...
BOOM!!!! Pulled ham and Brisket for Christmas!!!

So far I'm impressed with speed of delivery and the packing of solid frozen sweet looking brisket

View attachment 7796

Also picked up another HAM, 11lbs for only $16, all other local grocers are selling 9lbs for $33...
BOOM!!!! Pulled ham and Brisket for Christmas!!!

Do they do their own processing? I would imagine they can really control costs.

I haven’t seen prime in forever, but choice is usually in stock most places. Still $4.64 a pound.

I haven’t seen prime in forever, but choice is usually in stock most places. Still $4.64 a pound.
Prime is almost always available at Wild Fork now at $4.98 a pound if you are lucky enough to have one near you. All the beef I have had from Wild Fork has been fantastic.

Prime is almost always available at Wild Fork now at $4.98 a pound if you are lucky enough to have one near you. All the beef I have had from Wild Fork has been fantastic.
Wild Fork just opened a store in a suburb (Skokie) by me. Going to check it out one of these days.

Turns out that there are already a few in Chicago one literally a few blocks down the street...

My local Kroger had their briskets on sale for under $3.00 a pound this week. I hadn't seen them that cheap in quite some time. Not sure if they had excess they were getting rid of or maybe the price on this is going down a little.

Yes I am now seeing Prime brisket back in the mix at Costco now... now quite as low as $4/lb, but not too far from that.

Back