how is availability of brisket in your area?

smokeOnwater

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300 Gen 1 (used)
Here in Phoenix AZ area, the Costco selection of brisket is very poor these last few weeks.
- there is rarely a packer on the shelf
- only flats
- no Prime selection, only the regular quality, which really is quite below the Prime Costco brand fat content. The taste and thickness of the flat is inferior for sure.

The meat dept folks are telling me they have no clue when packers and/or Prime quality are going to come in.
I've observed this as a worsening trend.

Six months ago, there was plenty of selection.

I haven't seen a Prime Brisket at Costco near me lately either. They never really had a lot though. They were always just randomly mixed in with the others.

HEB's in Texas have plenty of brisket. Choice, Prime, Wagyu,and Grass Fed.

Gotta love Texas Beef and HEB!

texas-flag-8.gif

Wow, ok so I guess Arizona is having more of a problem than rest of the smoking country.

Costco in the SF area has full packers, but you have to ask for them, they are not out in front…

I’ve seen them at Fareway, Sam’s club and Walmart in my area. I usually buy choice packers haven’t looked for prime. Price was around $4.49 a pound.

I could pay GM shipping for what it costs me here... $48 for my 5.4lb flat at Costco

finally found a local butcher with good full packer... like $11 a pound. Cost $105 before trimming.... !!!!!
LOL I was just reading an old post about how Brisket is a cheap cut of meat.... yeah, no, not any more.

FINALLY, I'm getting a FAIR price on my next brisket... delivered free in 2 days from WildFork

brisket.JPG

Back