Hot Rod Fact

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
Bought a new Timberline 850 a while back. From the get go I had issues with slow then non existent ignition. Called the mother ship, several times, computer up dates, etc. However, the problem still remained. Traeger finally determined that my brand new Traeger, with 4 uses, had a defective hot rod. They sent me a new one with no hassle, however, we had plans and people coming over for brisket prior to the date I would receive it. I figured I would just go buy one and then have a spare. Went down to my local True Value where I bought the grill and purchased a hot rod after checking the box that said it fit all Traeger Grills. Brought it home and tried to install it, but the connections did not match. Called Trager again, and asked what's up, some modification necessary, etc? Nope, the Hot Rod I bought doesn't fit the Timberline series. Still had people coming over so I cooked the brisket on my Egg, and a good time was had by all. I suggested to Traeger that they change the packaging on the hot rod to reflect the correct info. Months and Months later, just saw a bunch of new hot rods on the Tru Value rack with the same "fits all Traeger grills" info, and they didn't have any that fit the Timberline series. So friends, I am thinking, if you need to replace the hot rod in your Timberline, this might be an important fact to know. Also I am thinking you will probably have to contact Traeger to get one, cause I have not found any for purchase at any of the dealers in my area.
Grace and Peace. Happy Cooking

Last edited:

arzoumanian

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
Traeger sent me a firepot/hotrod assembly complete when I had slow ignition issues. Timberline's are completely warranted so it seems that many parts only come from them.

Latest Discussions